close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cc or bcc to multiple addresses from dynamic checklist

Thread began 6/25/2011 5:34 pm by mantisdigital387802 | Last modified 6/27/2011 1:13 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2179 views | 3 replies |

mantisdigital387802

cc or bcc to multiple addresses from dynamic checklist

Hello. I see that there is a thread for sending to checklist but it does not cover how to get dynamic checklist values into an array that can be used to send to multiple addresses.

Any help with this is greatlly appreciated. My input checklist is being created with a do while loop

<?php do { ?>
<p>
<label>
<input type="checkbox" name="recipients[]" value="<?php echo $row_get_email_addresses['email_address']; ?>" checked>
<?php echo $row_get_email_addresses['email_address']; ?></label>
<br>
</p>
<?php } while ($row_get_email_addresses = mysql_fetch_assoc($get_email_addresses)); ?>

I need to have the values put into the array called recipients and use that for the bcc.

I have made some of the changes according to the other thread about multiple addresses and checklist and now I have the email is sent to the main send to address and when I recieve that email, the list of email addresses that are checked show in the copied to section of the email but the emails are not actually sent to those added addresses.

again I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me with this.
Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

by naming the checkbox with a "[]" you are already creating an array.

in the cc and bcc sections, use the following code to convert the array to a comma separated list:

php:
<?php echo((isset($_POST["recipients"]))?implode(", "$_POST["recipients"]):""?>

if you can see all of the addresses in the to section, as a coma separated list, but it is not sending to all of them, that is an issue with the smtp server, not the code.

if the email is going to some addresses, but not others, the smtp serter is refusing to relay the email to those address, you will need to contact the host to have them look into the smtp servers error log to see why the email is not going to those addresses.

mantisdigital387802

where to change the code for the bcc and cc

Hi Thank you very much for that info. I was not really sure where to post the array to send the email addresses. should i make these changes on the WAUE_contact_1.php page? If so should I add it to the variables at the top of the script or to the sections listed below?

Thanks again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

edit the universal Email server behavior, and enter that code into the value box for the cc or bcc address

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...