close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Anyone actually get this to work?

Thread began 6/15/2011 9:55 am by Brad Lawryk | Last modified 6/16/2011 7:04 am by Brad Lawryk | 1805 views | 6 replies |

Brad Lawryk

Anyone actually get this to work?

This one looks like such a great little tool. Unfortunately (as others have found too), applying it to a field removes all validation tooltips - even the Spry ones. Hopefully there will be an upgrade to this product that works.

[sigh]

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link where i can see the problem to troubleshoot the cause.

Brad Lawryk

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  please post a link where i can see the problem to troubleshoot the cause.  

Sorry, it is a government related internal site. I have just removed it for now and not using until there is fixes. Looks like a real good product at an affordable price. One that I can see using an awful lot as I use Spry Validation in almost every website.

I'll keep watching this forum. As I say, it looks awesome.

CraigRBeta Tester

I must admit Brad, I had problems with this extension, on a site with a table based form, which Ray covered in the thread, and offered a fix.

On my own site, I modified my CSS based contact form, and it works like a dream.

Simply add the spry validation, select it and add the tooltip.

Brad Lawryk

Thanks Craig,

Yes, I saw the fix even though I haven't tried it. I shouldn't have to manually fix code generated with one WA product (DataAssist for example) in order to use another WA product though. Hopefully they can/will find a work around with it. I agree it looks like a great extension.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We'll be making an update to address this problem shortly. We have identified a potential fix and will just need to do a little more QA before releasing it.

If you want me to send you a beta copy before then just email me using ray@webassist.com and I'll forward it to you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Brad Lawryk

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  If you want me to send you a beta copy before then just email me using ray@webassist.com and I'll forward it to you.  

Hi Ray,

I can test it if you guys need. Otherwise I will anxiously await the fixed version. Looking forward to this one.

Thanks, glad you guys are working on it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...