close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CS5 and Power CMS Builder

Thread began 6/14/2011 8:52 am by JamieEff | Last modified 6/15/2011 12:16 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2074 views | 5 replies |

JamieEff

Dreamweaver CS5 and Power CMS Builder

Hey Jason

Have just bought PowerCMS builder and have installed it fine but when i go to set up a connection to the database all i get is 'an unidentified error has occurred'.

I have checked all the settings, usernames etc and have been in live chat for about 2 hours with my provider

My provider is able to successfully access the database on a Linux machine (not using dreamweaver)

Just wondering if you knew of any known issues that I may have missed?

Thanks

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the unidentified error on a database connection usually means that there is a problem with the testing server settings in the site definition.

double change the testing server settings and make sure the URL Prefix for the testing server is set properly.

JamieEff

Hi Jason

Right, forgive my ignorance.... but I didnt realise that, due to it being a database connection, I needed and FTP one as well..

I cant upload to my server from Dreamweaver as Dreamweaver does not support FTPS which my hosting provider uses so for FTP I have to use Filezilla

I guess this means that PowerCMS Builder wont work for me?

Again, apologies for my ignorance

Jamie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you could install a local testing server for development so that you can connect to the local database, then change the connection to use the remote connection information and upload the files to use them on the remote server.

see the learning resources page for details on installing a local testing server:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

JamieEff

ah right ... have got that installed but never used it

are you able to run multiple sites on the same testing server at the same time?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the way I do it is to set each Dreamweaver site up as a subdirectory of the htdocs folder which is the main site root of mamp.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...