close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SA2 problems

Thread began 6/03/2011 9:53 pm by keith.mears422260 | Last modified 6/06/2011 9:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 2274 views | 5 replies |

keith.mears422260

SA2 problems

I have had terrible trouble with SA 2 and unable to create any full set of pages that worked without errors, everything from Javascript errors to unable to fit on a page (my page is 1024px wide), just too many to write down! Some of the javascript errors were 5 - 6 entries to the pop up screen, I also have the word undefined at the top of each page.

Getting know where I have had to uninstall SA 2 and re-installed SA 1, then more problems as loading Dreamweaver brought up loads of error messages, uninstalled Form tool kit and form builder the main theme of the error messages and reinstalled the lot but now still get "Unable to find file WA_SiteToolsV2.HTM in the Configuration/Floaters directory.” The floater will not be shown" on loading Dreamweaver. Tried using SA 1 and find 'Remember' buttons do not work any more so have now uninstalled and reinstalled Cookies toolkit 3, error message still the same when opening Dreamweaver.

Just in case your wondering, I did uninstall SA 1 before installing SA 2 and have removed MacFileCache.dat from the Dreamweaver 4 & 5 folders as described in your Common installations Issues guide.

Hope you can make some sense of this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Morgan

Hi, try rename your Configuration folder ex. Configuration_OLD, Start Dreamweaver and it will recretate the Configuration folder as a clean one, Close DW, start extention manager remove all extentions.
Cleare the cache.

Don´t install FB2, but install Tool Kit, Don´t install Cookies Toolkit (u have that in AS2), and install other extentions as u like, last u install AS2.

I see u using Mac, not sure where to find the Configfolder on a Mac, maybe you know els do a search for it.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

//Morgan

keith.mears422260

SA2 Problems

Found the Configurations folder in the Applications folder and then Dreamweaver CS5 folder, did as suggested and dreamweaver crashed when I tried to restart and did not try and create and new configurations folder. Renamed configurations folder as was now loads but I still get the same error messages on start up. Have attached the error messages.

Morgan

Hi agian, So that rename the folder don´t work on Mac, hmm, then i don´t know.

The floater error u get is after AS2 is uninstalled, i got that too on my Windows 7, After i uninstalled Form Builder and then AS2, but the error sorted it self out after i reinstalled AS2 with out Form builder installed.

Do a search on the Configfolder for mac, in windows the Configuration folder is in
C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration

And DW recreate the Configfolder if if finding its missing.

I found this for you, As it looks Do Not Rename the Configuration folder that is in the Application folder on your Mac, it should be in your Profil folder.
ex. Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS4:<language>:Configuration

Heres a link: 417116

Hope this helps
//Morgan

keith.mears422260

SA Problems

Thanks Morgan, appreciate your interest and help. Hope someone from Webassist looks at my problems and can offer some advise.

info4753

This post has been deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

keith.mears422260:

Do not rename the configuration folder under the applications folder, this will break Dreamweaver. Only rename the configuration folder under the users profile, for help finding the users configuration folder see the "common installation issues" faq.

common_installation_issues.pdf

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...