close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error when securing page

Thread began 6/02/2011 10:58 am by gdavis421484 | Last modified 6/20/2011 9:32 am by Jason Byrnes | 3520 views | 15 replies |

gdavis421484

Error when securing page

I have built a php page that contians just a form. The pupose of the page/form is to send emails to a list of people held in an Excel file.
This works - BUT - when I secure the page using Security Assist - the form will no longer open - I get a 500 error.
In the same folder is an error log to the effect:

[02-Jun-2011 18:41:53] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_striptags() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:268) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php on line 345

I am using
DW CS5, on Vista, and have the following webassist extensions:
SA2, Forms Toolkit, Data Asist, HTML Editor,ecart, Universal Email, cookies toolkit

Following instructions from Jason re. an earlier problem, I un-installed SA2 and cookies toolkit, deleted the DW CS5 .dat file, then re-installed SA2 (but not cookies toolkit).

I still have the problem.
Any suggestions?.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

here is an updated copy of the webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php file that should correct the issue.

Attached Files
mail_php.php.zip

gdavis421484

I think you sent the wrong file?

Thanks Jason

BUT - the file you sent is called 'HelperPHP.php' not the one you mentioned (mail_php.php).

Please can you clarify if I am to replace 'HelperPHP.php'?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I just double checked, the file in the previous message is indeed the correct mail_php.php file.

gdavis421484

Unfortunately - Did not fix the problem

Thanks for sending the file, sorry for the confusion.

I replaced the mail_php.php in the webassist/email/ folder.
This made the page give a 500 error even if no security was applied.
Error:
[03-Jun-2011 09:36:44] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_securityassist_getemailarray() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:3) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/webassist/email/mail_php.php on line 32

I have therefore put back the original mail_php.php file - so at least I can use the page with no security applied.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

info97301

Hi Jason

I get the same error - thought it would have been written out of the code after so long!

Using Win7, CS4, Sec Assist 2.0.0, Universal Email 4.0.1

I have a form on a page sending email to selected recipients via a checkbox.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare WA_StripTags() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\site\webassist\security_assist\mail_php.php:268) in C:\xampp\htdocs\site\webassist\email\mailformatting_php.php on line 345

If I remove the SA access restriction, the page loads fine. I haven't had chance to test the email yet, as this is on a local machine.

Cheers
Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

an update to Security Assist 2.0.1 was released just yesterday that should correct the issue, it is available for download from the download center.

remember to uninstall the current version of security assist from the extension manager before installing this newer one.

info97301

Hi Jason

I've installed the new version, but it hasn't made any difference - I still get the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare WA_StripTags() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\site\webassist\security_assist\mail_php.php:268) in C:\xampp\htdocs\site\webassist\email\mailformatting_php.php on line 345

I did uninstall v2.0 first. I have alse deleted the dat cache file.

Cheers

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

did you recreate the pages? You will recreate the security assist pages using the new version to update the code.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...