close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

re-installing after new hard drive

Thread began 5/11/2011 12:27 am by diana379910 | Last modified 5/18/2011 7:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 2515 views | 9 replies |

diana379910

re-installing after new hard drive

I'm using DW 8 as part of my CS2 package - cosa I just can't afford to upgrade and it does what I need it to, but I've just had to replace my hard drive and am having trouble with an error relating to WA

I found and removed the DAT file as per instructions, with a slight variation on the location given my suite is older, and this has made the problem less persistant, but it is still occurring to the point that the programme is unusable.

I've also set WA to never under options - that's not stopped it either :(

The following translators were not added due to error (s). The following javascript error occurred.

Unable to open script file
c:\programme_files\macromedia\Dreamweaver\config\shared\constantcontact\library\WA_configuration.js"(errors)

(copied quickly by hand from screen, so might not be exact text, but the structure is right)

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This relates to Constant contact which is a discontinued product. We no longer offer support for Constant Contact.

Is your Dreamweaver 8 installation updated to 8.0.2? This is a free update available from Adobe

Dizee

it is now, but this has made no change to the error... any ideas hoe I can stop it please?

Dizee

Does no reply means no answer and that I have to live with this glitch? It really is quite infuriating and is really slowing me down as I have to make 2 clicks to shut the error message every time I edit anything on a page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Constant contact has been discontinued and is not supported, you should uninstall constant contact from the extension manager, this should correct the error.

Dizee

I cannot find any means of un-installing it. I've checked through extensions and it isn't listed, I've been through add/ remove programmes - any ideas?

Dizee

And I'm not actually asking for support for constact contact, I am asking for web assist support to remove and unwanted web assist application that is causing my computer programme to not work properly, that does not come with an easy off switch...

And this page would suggest that it is still an active web assist application: signup.jsp

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if the extension manager is not showing the installed extensions, see step 10 of the Dreamweaver troubleshooting guide:
tn_15481.html#main_userConfigFolder

Dizee

Thank you - this seems to have fixed it!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...