close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Why do it the difficult way

Thread began 5/10/2011 7:55 am by mail326644 | Last modified 5/24/2011 12:08 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2361 views | 6 replies |

mail326644

Why do it the difficult way

Hello Webassist,

I just bought a license of power CMS Builder because of the license problems (only one) for power CMS. It cost me a whole evening and half of an other one to get connected. And i still do not really know what is going on an what would be the end result. What file and where. I think you made or programed this the very difficult way. This sounds stupid and maybe i am a little bit but i had no problems at all with Power CMS so i am not that stupid :-)

It could be so simple give me a unlimited license number for my old powerCMS or give me for security reasons 10 numbers in advance and let me apply for a new number with the name of the website i am going to use that license and i am very happy user again. I love to use my favorite Power software.

Until the upgrade i knew exactly how it works and better how to get it working and now i only have trouble and some other users also i read here below also.

Ik will try one evening again and if its not working will apply for a money back. I am not going to use the one license version because that is to expensive for the small websites i build. I am sorry to write this but please see it as positive critics en maybe a good idea.

The same is going on with my also favorite Gallery tool also changed the license rules.
I think i am going to have a look for something else on de Open Source market.

Am i the only one who thinks this way?

Harry Denkers
From Holland

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Download center for PowerCMS Builder, there is a beta build available that addresses many of the issues that have been discovered since initial launch, please make sure to install the beta version.

mail326644

Thanks but that is not the answer to the problem

Thanks very much for your answer but it has nothing to do with my problem or better much simpler solution.

I still have a lot of problems to get i working on a remote server. It does not make the map you mentioned in other treats it drops everything in the root and so on. I have to check or it is possible to connect the database from outside it all cost me a lot of time. With the single license version it was much simpler (Is my personal experiance). I asked your sales to get an extended trail period. To be continued.

mail326644

It did it everything is on the server and i can log in

Afther a (to) long time trail and error survival i am happy to say that i was lucky to get all the information on the website i wanted. Without a extra local test server. Within a view days i will write down what i did to get it working for that part. Now i first have to make a page for the content, make a user an fill the page with content and an image from the cms system and look at that page. I hope that this will go better than the first part.

One thing was strange Power CMS droped all the information in the root of the website . I have to figure out how to get everything in a own CMS map. Is there a solution for that problem or did i something wrong.

Harrie Denkers

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power CMS Builder will add the files to the root of the Dreamweaver site. to have the files added to a sub directory of your website, you will need to define the Dreamweaver site that you use PowerCMS builder on as a subdirectory of your website.

mail326644

Thank you

Thanks very much for your quick answer.

Harrie

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...