close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Photo Upload to phpMyAdmin

Thread began 4/12/2011 12:31 am by cherry8723424721 | Last modified 11/23/2011 12:21 pm by msbannister373603 | 10180 views | 10 replies |

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload to phpMyAdmin

Hi:

I just bought the CSS Form Builder for my Dreamweaver CS5. I've created a page where end users will be able to upload their photos to their own profiles so that it can be later displayed for other members to see. I'm using a phpMyAdmin Database and everything is working fine EXCEPT that the photo doesn't upload to the Database.

The type of field I'm using in the Database is a BLOB MIME: image/jpeg (is this the right type?)

I'm using the extension WebAssist > File Manipulation > Upload.

If I upload the photo to a folder, it uploads well, but when uploading it to the database I get a message saying "column 'photo01' cannot be null".

Any ideas on how to solve this? Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you also posted this question in this thread:
showthread.php?t=19811

see my reply there.

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload to PhpMyAdmin

Hi Jason:

Thank you for your reply. I read the PDF document you suggested. Does it mean that my WebAssist CSS Form Builder is not what I need to allow end-users to upload photos to my Php Database? Please be clear in you answer to this SPECIFIC question.

If such were the case, I would need to return the CSS Form Builder and buy the Digital File Pro and the Data Assist mentioned in the PDF in question.

Please note that the reason I bought the CSS Form Builder was only to allow end-users to upload their photos to their (Database) profiles, which, to my understanding, and according to the response I got over the phone from one of your Customer Service Associates, the CSS Form Builder was capable of doing.

Kindly be very clear in your response.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Form Builder includes the File upload Functionality of Digital File Pro.

The File Manipulation -> Upload behavior of CSS Form builder will is the same as the uplad File behavor of the older Digital File pro.

the Upload behavior can upload files to the servers file system, it cannot upload files into the MySQL database.

Instead of storing the actual file in the database, you upload the file to the servers file system and store the file name in the database.

to store the file name in the database, you need to use DataAssist.

cherry8723424721

Jason:

Thank you for your reply.

In other words, do you mean that CSS Form Builder doesn't do the job by itself (storing the file name in the Database and the file in the srerver directory)? Do you mean that I have to acquire DataAssist to do that operation?

Please answer CLEARLY AND TO THE POINT.

Thank you for your attention and looking forward to reading your reply.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes you need to have Data Assist in order to store the uploaded file name in the data base.

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload to PhpMyAdmin

Jason:

Once again thank you for you reply.

However, in the PDF Document you suggested I read there's no mention whatsoever of CSS Form Builder. There's only mention of Digital File Pro and DataAssist.

I should return the CSS Form Builder and acquire the two others. Can you confirm this? (CAN YOU PLEASE BE SPECIFIC?)

Thank you for your attention.

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload to PhpMyAdmin(ii)

Jason:

Looking at WebAssist's product list, it seems that what I need is the Dynamic Suite. It seems to contain both the Digital File Pro and the DataAsssist features needed for my purposes.

Could you please confirm this?

Thank you for your attention.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You already have CSS Form Builder which includes the File manipulation features of digital File pro.

the only thing you are missing is Data Assist.

Using the File Upload functions of CSS Form Builder, you can already upload the file to the server, the only piece you are missing at this point is to store the file name in the database. For this you need Data Assist.

The File Manipulation features of CSS Form builder have replaced Digital File Pro, It is the same functionality, the only difference is the name and menu access point. In the documentation I pointed you to, replace any Referance of Digital File pro with CSS Form Builder File Manipulation.

you do not need the dynamic suite, unless the other extensions offered in dynamic suite interest you.

cherry8723424721

Photo Upload to PhpMyAdmin(iii)

Jason:

OK. So CSS Form Builder replaces Digital File Pro, but Digital File Pro is cheaper. So I'll go ahead with returning the CSS FB.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...