close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

If statement

Thread began 4/06/2011 3:53 am by moz1104419172 | Last modified 4/08/2011 8:15 am by Jason Byrnes | 1158 views | 3 replies |

moz1104419172

If statement

Hi,

Im having trouble trying to use the if statements to get certain parts of my page to show or not depending on certain variables. I know how to add a show region depending on if a recordset is empty, but i dont necessarily want it to be based on whether a recordset is empty or not.

I am using the data assist start up database so all the field names will be as expected. When trying to hide a test div by using an if statement it automatically generates

<?php if ($totalRows_WADAproducts == 0) { // Show if recordset empty ?>

What i wanted to do was change it so that if the name of a record was set to a certain value, then it would show a certain region. ie if the value of column 'ProductName' was set to 'Test' then show....

Can you give me any help on how i would build this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

use the following if statement:

php:
<?php if($row_WADAProducts["ProductName"] == "Test") { ?>

Do Something here
<?php ?>

there can be gotcha's with this though:
PHP is a case sensitive language, so if the ProductName value is "test" or "TeSt", this if statement will fail. you can use the php strtolower() function to overcome this
function.strtolower.php

php:
<?php if(strtolower($row_WADAProducts["ProductName"]) == strtolower("Test")) { ?>

Do Something here
<?php ?>

moz1104419172

Thanks

I managed to figure it out not long after i posted it actually, I think i was having problems because since i wasnt sure how to use it, i started by putting a show condition in by using the server behaviour panel and choosing show if recordset is empty, but after i edited it, it kept wondering why it didnt have a recordset to compare to, so i just wrote it outright and it worked.

If i wanted to measure if a value was between a certain range, say for example an ID that was either 6 or 7 would that be:

<?php if ($row_WADAproducts["ProductID"] > 5) AND ($row_WADAproducts["ProductID"] < 8) { ?>
do stuff
<?php } ?>

or is there another method to examine values within a certain range?

On a slightly changed note, I have a select box which will appear in one of these if statements, it is part of a product option, but its values are yes/no, is it possible to change the option to a checkbox instead? when inserting the product options it only has hidden/text field/select menu. I didnt want to start messing with it incase i messed up the value it sends out on ordering

thanks in advance

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the if statement would be:
<?php if ($row_WADAproducts["ProductID"] > 5) && ($row_WADAproducts["ProductID"] < 8) { ?>

yes, you can change the select list to a checkbox as long as the checkbox has the same name as the select list did.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...