close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cart Calculation Problem

Thread began 4/01/2011 10:38 pm by donegan | Last modified 5/13/2011 8:31 am by Jason Byrnes | 1921 views | 5 replies |

donegan

Cart Calculation Problem

Well we got my PayPal problem fixed today. Thank you Ray.

Now I have a problem with the site not calculating properly in the Cart.

At first the cart would not let customers select different shipping methods.

Then it would only allow them to select the International Shipping method.

Lastly I started receiving the following order emails that the following message was being posted when the customer clicked on :

>>We're sorry

>>Your transaction could not be completed due to a problem occurring while calculating >>shipping.

>>Please return to checkout and try again, or contact us.

This error started after the site had been up for about 2 hours.

=============
Sheila

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you give some details on how the shipping is configured?

A screen shot showing the shipping settings would e helpful.

donegan

Cart Calculation Problems

OK, here the problem in pictures:

I created two shipping settings, see Image 1.

See Image 2 to see details of one of the Shipping Settings.

In Image 3 I have added items to the cart note the shipping drop down does not appear.

Once I click the submit button (using PayPal Standard) I receive a message that I have a calculation problem and need to return to the cart, see Image 4.

I have also attached a text file of the "Debug Information".

===========
Sheila

Attached Files
Debug Information.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

virtually_available397378Beta Tester

Shipping workflow

Hi Jason,

In this thread it appears they are wanting/expecting shipping options to appear in the shopping cart? whether it appears in the shopping cart or not here is my concern.

I installed PowerStore 4.5 and find that shipping options only appears after the shopping cart checkout. That would be my first concern.

1) why would we not want a shipping options to be visible when viewing the shopping cart? (I understand we have not collected shipping addresses at this point) however, like many other shopping carts on the market. Users want to see shipping costs upfront. Sometimes these are estimated calculation options if the user provides a zip code.

2) After clicking on the cart checkout button PowerStore takes me to a check out screen for billing/shipping. etc. On my screen I also have an options for PayPal and credit card. if I click on PayPal shipping costs are not provided/displayed when the user clicks on their PayPal account for confirmation until after PowerStore takes them back from PayPal into the store. This seems wrong as how are we to collect shipping costs if the user just confirmed total costs in PayPal without shipping costs?

3) if the user clicks on the credit card option we now have shipping appearing before submitting costs to the credit card. This options is reversed/different then the PayPal options when displaying shipping costs. (PayPal options/credit card shipping options are different)

4) I don't want to have to figure this out/customize PowerStore as per shipping and it seems when I use Amazon, newegg, tigerdirect, etc.. all of these stores estimate shipping right up front for the users.

5) one last note, it seems this checkout process could be more consolidated without a lot of user clicks and taking up so much real-estate on the screen.

Summary:
I didn't see any thread addressing this issue please forgive me if there is one. If not already solved. I would encourage shipping estimates to be "vanilla" part of PowerStores cart experience. it would be a good thing. Please provide shipping to be included when I click on PayPal confirmations "vanilla" unless my version of PowerStore in the only one having problems. since I would be surprised this would not be a concern to others.

Please let me know if there is a solution...............

sorry for the length of this log

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Shipping in power store cannot be figured until the user has gone through the checkout page to set the shipping address.

There is not a way to change this behavior.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...