close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Internet Explorer Problems

Thread began 3/31/2011 7:44 am by sabastian130416448 | Last modified 4/05/2011 11:09 am by Jason Byrnes | 3042 views | 10 replies |

sabastian130416448

Internet Explorer Problems

Hey guys.

I am having troubly with my website and internet explorer 8.
I have an online store but when customer add items to the cart it keeps
on saying that the cart is empty.

I have tried cookie settings, security setting everything except it seems
the answer.

Here is a link to a page that you can try groundbait_Results.php

A nother bothersome thing is that it seems to work on some computers then on other ones it just doesnt want to work.

I have also had a problem with my database that I nedd some help with.

In my recordset I use the UNION ALL command to link the different tables of my database but it seems that the add to cart mixes the tables up if the two products have the same product_id, wich is unique to each item in a table, but if they have the same id in two tables being used at the same time I get trouble.

Any help on these two matters will be gratly appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I suspect your server has a problem with session management.

use the session test page from this post to test:
showpost.php?p=23826&postcount=2

Instead of using UNION All in the recordset, you will need to create a separate recordset for each product table and a separate add to cart button behavior.

sabastian130416448

Ok I did the session test and it said Session Test=test and the session id stayed the same. What bothers me is that one day it works and the next it doesn't.

On my local server it worked perfectly untill yesterday and then it started to do the same
thing and it seems to only happen in Internet Explorer 8. Havent heard any thing about 9 so far so will have to wait and see.

A nother question, my menu at the side, a customer said that if he wants to select one of the second level buttons the whole second level gets highlited. Not sure what browser he is using, still waiting for feedback.

Is there any way I can help speed the site up a bit, will the different recordsets help for that or might that not make the site even slower?

Thanx Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

could be a php error occurring.

add the following code at line 1 on your page:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

post back any errors that are displaying and a copy of your page.

as for the speed, the session test page was very slow to load, so I dont think it has anything to do with the recordsets. you will need to talk to your host to see if anything can be done for the speed of the site.

sabastian130416448

Jason.

I placed the error report on a page and this is the error I got.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Users\Henkor\Desktop\henkorsite\henkorsite\batimaking_Results.php:5) in C:\Users\Henkor\Desktop\henkorsite\WA_eCart\WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php on line 465

Added the page as you asked. Hope we can find the problem.

Thanx

Attached Files
batimaking_Results.zip

sabastian130416448

That page I tested on my local server and it gave that error.

Before I uploaded the error report to the page on the web the page didn't add any products to my cart, even when I said continue shopping it took meto the previous page where I was able to add products. It was as if the server or what ever didn't read the page.

After I added the script and uploaded the page to the web again then it suddenly worked.

sabastian130416448

If you wish to view an example online follow this link

mainlines_Results.php?pageNum_WADAgardner=2&totalRows_WADAgardner=52

Seems to only have trouble with Internet Explorer 8 and maybe 9.

sabastian130416448

Jason.

A strange thing seems to happen. If in Dreamweaver I delete my eCart Object under Server Behaviors and save the page, and I then undo the delete and save and then upload that page to the internet the page suddenly works.

If I just upload normaly or delete the file on the server and then upload the page again it still doesnt want to work. It only seems to work by deleting the recordset and then saying undo ect.

When I upload the file I also dont upload the depentant files.

Have you found out any thing from your side so far?

Thanx

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

for the error message you report, see the following thread:
showthread.php?t=19285

I notice on your page that you have two eCart objects:
eCart1
henkor_cart

the add to cart behavior is set to add the items to the henkor_cart eCart object.

what ecart object is being used by the cart display page, make sure that the cart display is created to use the same eCart object as the add to cart button on the result page, the henkor_cart object. I suspect that the cart display is for the other cart object.

sabastian130416448

Hey Jason.

The other cart came in when I was creating the site but both the add to cart button and the cart itself uses the same eCart object.

Why does the page work when I did that small change and then undid it again cause nothing on the page changes so how can that make it work?

Thanx

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...