close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

KFM dont work - database not created

Thread began 3/24/2011 6:15 am by mail361522 | Last modified 3/25/2011 7:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 3046 views | 6 replies |

mail361522

KFM dont work - database not created

Hello Webassist and users. I have a fresh install DW5 with HTML editor 3.0.1

Just created a small custom CMS with HTML editor at the back end. After uploading all files and set the configuration file I get the error:

alert("MDB2 Error: no such table\nselect * from wafm2_parameters")

...when accessing the KFM part of the editor ("Browse server button")

Note that this message is not "alerted" but written as above in a popup browser window.

I did double-check the settings for the database and so but without success. It seem that the initial database creation fails. The database has no tables that start with the prefix (wafm2_) so the process is halted early it seem. I've been looking for other answers in the KFM community but this seem without luck. Can you please help?

Kind regards Joa

Sign in to reply to this post

Willi Schneider

Solution

Did you have HTML Editor 2 installed before?

If so:
Use a database admin tool like phpMyAdmin and delete all tables related to the "KFM"-filemanager.
Be sure to make backups of these tables before deleting them, in case something goes wrong.
All the tables have a naming convention like "kfm_something_somthingelse".

Then apply the new "HTML Editor 3" to your form page. Preview your form page in the browser. When using the filemanager for the first time, you will be asked to reload the page to have tha database refreshed. At that point all the necessary "kfm" database tables will be created and everything should now work.

greetings

Willi

mail361522

Thanks for your suggestion, however this does not apply. The entire site is created from scratch using a complete newly installed DW5 AND HTML editor 3.0.1. So there is no old tables like you suggest.

The HTML-editor loads just fine on my form pages, however the filebrowser won't load with the error message above, and there are no tables created.

I HAVE double checked and the database connection is correctly set up.

Any other thoughts? Thank you for helping!!!

mail361522

Probably solved:

I see my ISP provided MySQL version 4.0.24 - so it is probably due to the old version, I see that the file manager requires version 5 to work.

Anyone can confirm? I'll contact my ISP and see what they can do.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the file manager does need MySQL 5 or greater to work, you will need to upgrade the MySQL server.

mail361522

OK my ISP upgraded me to v5 database, now everything is working thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...