close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Unable to get checkout to work

Thread began 3/22/2011 4:37 pm by fil2 | Last modified 3/24/2011 8:00 am by Jason Byrnes | 1434 views | 2 replies |

fil2

Unable to get checkout to work

I have set up my new site with PayPal API credentials and I have not been able to check out. I really have no idea what else to look at to make this work.

It lets me compleatly check out with my paypal account or a credit card then returns me to the site with a message of

" Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again. "

-fil2

store/

Sign in to reply to this post

fil2

info from paypal

I spent some time talking to PayPal today. They where able to see some of the activity in my check out but we could not resolve it on their end.

I was sent a follow up email. I hope someone can suggest how I can continue to trouble shoot this.

-----
Hello Phillip,

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services.

Regarding our conversation today, using express checkout the cart must perform at least 3 API calls:
SetExpressCheckout
GetExpressCheckoutDetails
DoExpressCheckoutPayment

The first 2 we receive from the cart, however, DoExpressCheckoutPayment is not being sent.

If the cart uses separate modules to install I suggest removing and reinstalling the PayPal module. This could be the result of invalid path/corrupt script.

Our developer site www.x.com has forums available as well.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when I test the checkout on your site, i get to the failure page with the following message:
Your transaction could not be completed due to a problem occurring while calculating shipping.

Shipping is not avaliable to the region specified. Please call the office to get a shipping quote and arrange payment or choose a local shipping location to checkout through this site.

Please return to checkout and try again, or contact us.

I am using a US Shipping address, what countries have you configured shipping for?

The failure page uses the following URL variables in the address "shipping=fail&country=false":
checkout_failure.php?shipping=fail&country=false

to indicate that the failure was due to a shipping rate issue.

Do you also have the same shipping=fail url variable in your test?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...