close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Documentation

Thread began 3/19/2011 5:06 am by sharonm423773 | Last modified 3/27/2011 3:24 pm by bocobongesh | 2366 views | 8 replies |

sharonm423773

Documentation

I've been through the tutorials for powerstore 4. I want to fully customize my store. CMS is OK but it's not providing me the tools I need. Do you have complete documentation for this product?

My web development company purchased the supersuite so I am familiar with your products and know how to customize style sheets, etc. to achieve the look I want.

I don't know how to do the same with PowerStore.

Also, I need to know if there is a way to install powerstore in a folder that is named something other than PowerStore Files.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

All of the available documentation for power store is on the power store support page:
powerstore/

If there is something specific you are trying to accomplish that is not addressed in the documentation, please post your question here.

You can rename the powerstore files folder to anything you like.

sharonm423773

I need to modify the templates for the store so that it looks like the rest of our website. I don't see any means of doing this in the Store Manager. I don't see style sheets for home.css and content.css like Site Assist generates.

I added our logo; it doesn't fit in the space provided. I want to use this application but if I can't customize it, I will have to return it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the css files for the store are located in the webassist/themes/<your theme>/css folder.

you can modify the css here however you like.

sharonm423773

The path you referenced doesn't exist under PowerStore Files.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you need to replace <your theme> with the name of the theme you are using.

for example, if i am using the default theme, the css will be at;
webassist/themes/Default/css

or if I am using the purple theme, the css will be at:
webassist/themes/Purple/css

sharonm423773

The webassist folder was not included in my powerstore download.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it is inside the install folder and will be moved to the root of the power store site when you run the install script.

If you are updating an already created site, you need to manually move the install/webassist folder to the root of your site.

bocobongesh

Hey Sharron

Did you solve the problem?
I have the same concern.
I want to use Powerstore with my own design.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...