close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Looping messages in PowerCMS Builder

Thread began 3/07/2011 6:29 pm by jhood-fysh78990 | Last modified 3/07/2011 7:54 pm by jhood-fysh78990 | 1233 views | 2 replies |

jhood-fysh78990Beta Tester

Looping messages in PowerCMS Builder

I have been a customer of Web Assist for a long, long time. I recently bought PowerCMS Builder and this is the very first time in using some 20+ tools, from your fine organization that I am less than satisfied. It’s a complex tool; I understand that.

When I follow the instructions in the PowerCMS Builder Getting Started Guide to ‘Insert a Content area’ I end up just going through a repeating series of prompts related to the upload the database connection file (same message 7 times). I patiently keep trying, but not much appears to happening. Some files are added to my website, and code is added to the webpage which replaces the code I selected, but when I browse to the page I used to insert a content area to start the install all I see the ‘white php page of death’.

Please understand, I have been trying to get this to work since Friday morning, and spent 10 hours on the weekend trying to get it to go. Since I am using a test environment, I completely twice reinstalled my Apache server, php, mysql, and tried again. Nothing, nada, zilch.

Sigh. Several hours pass and a cup of coffee later. New attitude.

Okay, I'll try something else. So I uploaded the entire site to my testing server and viewed the page I had used to 'insert a content area'.

Zowie! The install started and I loved seeing all those green check marks. Then I got as far as having to enter my serial number. On that page was a message about cURL needing to be enabled in PHP, no big deal, make the change in PHP.ini and restart the localhost apache and - whoa ... still same message. Stuck again !!

So, what is going to happen with this tool? Given all the problems reported on the web forum, I am just not sure I wanted to be a guinea pig, and I don’t want to waste my money either. Can you guarantee my 15 day refund period until these problems are straightened out and I can actually use the product? If you cannot do that, can you lock the introductory price until it actually works?

Finally, please direct me to some detailed documentation on how to work with the product. The instructions I have found so far are abysmal, the organization needs to be looked at too.

Best Regards, albeit with a wry smile,

John Hood-Fysh

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've opened a support incident so that we can have someone call you and help you through this issue directly. We will always give refunds if someone is never able to get the extension working even after the 15 day period.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jhood-fysh78990Beta Tester

Thank you that is very comforting

That is very comforting to me, thank you.

best regards,
John Hood-Fysh

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...