close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recordset Navigation with Repeat Selection...

Thread began 3/04/2011 12:08 pm by markhaynes75235 | Last modified 3/07/2011 8:05 am by Jason Byrnes | 1407 views | 3 replies |

markhaynes75235

I've got a page that uses the Accordion widget to display data dynamically in a repeat region. Within the Accordion region I've added a repeat selection around a dynamic image to enable the display of a series of 124 images from a recent event. I've been able to display all of the images on the page without a problem. To enable display of groups of 8 images, I have to remove the Repeat Selection and add it back in - changing the Repeat Selection Server Behavior on the page inserts code that throws a syntax error. No problem - I just remove and reapply the Server Behavior. The problem I've encountered is that when I insert the Dreamweaver native Recordset Navigation (the documentation says that the Repeat Selection works with this) and then view my page, the only image displayed is the first record and the Next/Last navigation does nothing.

Have you seen this phenomenon before, and do you have a workaround for it?

Thanks! I look forward to your reply!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

near the top of the recordset code, you will see the following t2 lines:

$maxRows_recordsetName = 1;
$pageNum_recordsetName = 0;

change the first one to match the number of rows the repeat selection is creating;
$maxRows_recordsetName = 8;

markhaynes75235

Thanks Jason - that was it!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...