close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product Details page

Thread began 3/03/2011 12:44 pm by turk361661 | Last modified 3/08/2011 1:31 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1675 views | 7 replies |

turk361661

Product Details page

I set up a Search, Results, and Product Details page.
Everything works GREAT on the local server. But the details page does not work on the Live server.

I published files to live. Result:
My search page works
My results page works
On the results page the Product Image links to the Details page. But when the Details page loads it says "No record found."

All pages work fine on the local server. Can't figure out why just the Details page is not working on Live. Please help.

Thanks,
Danielle

Attached Files
notetoWebAssist.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

your links to the details page are using the product name in the query string:
plants_Search_Detail.php?ProductName=CANNA 'Journey's End'

it should be using the product ID instead.

turk361661

I modified by replacing with Product ID link. Does not work on live or local server.
Can you take a look at the results page again?
The strange thing is that the original code had it link to ProductName and it worked on the local server but not live.

NOTE:
The image now links to the page via ProductID. But this link does not function correctly.
(Note the Text link below the image still links to the Product Name, same as the original I sent you.)

Attached Files
resultspage.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the detail page will need to be modified to except the ProductID querystring variable.

Currently your detail page is configured to filter the recordset on the product name column using the productName querystring variable.

you need to edit the recordset to use the ProductID column and ProductID querystring variable for filtering.

the issue with the product name column is that it contains single quotes which are throwing the server off.

your local server probably has a setting that is accounting for it, but that setting does not exist in the live server. It is better practice though to use the ID column than the name column, since it is posible that 2 records could have the same name value, but the ID value will always be unique.

turk361661

Hi,

This Details page was created with DataAssist. I opened the page up and viewed the Recordset. I made some changes (adding ProductID to the Select area and replacing ProductName with ProductID) but it did not work.
I'm still doing something wrong.
If I'm looking just at the Code on the page what am I looking for exactly?
(I should replace "what" with "what")

Thanks for simplifying it for me. I appreciate it,
Danielle

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of your page please

turk361661

Hi,
Details page attached.
thanks,
Danielle

Attached Files
detailspage.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

doubkle click the WADAProducts recordset. and change the where clause:

WHERE ProductName = ParamProductName OR ( -1= ParamSessionProductName AND ProductName= ParamProductName2)

to:
WHERE ProductID = ParamProductName OR ( -1= ParamSessionProductName AND ProductID= ParamProductName2)

edit the ParamProductName and ParamProductName2 parameters and change the run time value:
$_GET['ProductName']

to:
$_GET['ProductID']

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...