close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Content area not found

Thread began 3/02/2011 5:05 pm by YellowCircleWeb | Last modified 4/04/2011 4:12 pm by Ray Borduin | 7827 views | 21 replies |

YellowCircleWeb

Content area not found

So I'm still having problems with CMS Builder. I have managed to get it to install, but each time I try to add content from Dreamweaver to the CMS by clicking 'Add content to Power CMS' in the menu all my page content disappears and is replaced with a 'Content Area Not Found' message.

I've tried this on 2 different machines with different websites and each time the result is the same. I know the database settings are correct because the installation wizard completes and also I tested the connection in Dreamweaver before trying anything with the WA extension.

I'm getting so close to asking for a refund. I've been trying to get this thing to work for about 8 hours - WA need MUCH BETTER documentation and QA testing before releasing new products.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jaffa

Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. I think this product is totally un finished.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have Magic_Quotes_GPC enabled on your php server? We have discovered in support that this causes the problem you are experiencing and we'll have to do an update to account for it. The best short-term solution is to disable magic quotes on your server.

Let me know if this isn't the issue and I'll open a support incident and give you a call to research it further.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jaffa

Can I please just get a refund, this system is in beta at best. Dreamweaver screams to a halt and then I wait for 3 minutes each time the files are uploaded, downloaded re-synced and then when i make another move content goes missing from the display or it starts the sync process again.

I also thought that the data could be edited directly from within DW which is not the case, clicking the edit content simply opens up the remote CMS from the website anyway, I can do this myself.

I'm sticking with B.Catalyst for my client, I can't hand a site using this when i don't even have confidence in it.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Refund requests can be sent to sales@webassist.com and will be processed when they are received.

esmsBeta Tester

[QUOTE=Jaffa;92550]
I also thought that the data could be edited directly from within DW which is not the case, clicking the edit content simply opens up the remote CMS from the website anyway, I can do this myself.

QUOTE]

So, is it not possible to edit from within Dreamweaver CS5? I thought that was its strength. I'm still holding out from buying this seeing as there seems to be problems with it at version 1.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issues that have been identified through support are:

1) doesn't work when you have magic_quotes_gpc enabled on your server... we have files to correct that issue
2) doesn't work when your testing server isn't configured properly... we have been able to address that by correcting site definitions usually to match the remote server.
3) Connection folder permissions can prevent installation on the site. Fixing that is a matter of updating the permissions.

We will be working on ways to address all of these issues, and regret that they slipped passed our QA, but they are all addressable.

You can insert and view content from within dreamweaver, but editing still has to be done from the web page.

YellowCircleWeb

Thanks Ray, I'll wait for the dot release that will fix the issues. I found a work around for my site - basically after first selecting the 'add content to Power CMS' option and installing the builder extension I then replaced my initial page with the original non-cms version and re-uploaded it to correct the issue. The content had been inserted into the database already and was in the Power CMS admin system, so I think re-opened the page and chose the option for getting content from the CMS system. This then works for this and all other pages I created.

Hope this helps others out while we wait for the update.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Which page did you have to upload? I'll see if I can spot the cause and get it corrected. I don't think we know about that issue yet, so please give more details.

YellowCircleWeb

Hi Ray,

I'm not sure I explained myself correctly last time. The page I re-uploaded was just a copy of the original page I tried to add CMS Builder content to. When first attempting to add content from the page to CMS Builder the information was inserted into the database, but the code wasn't being written correctly to the page, so once I'd gotten my initial content into the database I then replaced the now-broken page with a backup copy that had not been instructed to add content to CMS Builder and then rather than adding content TO CMS builder I asked it to GET content from CMS Builder (the same content I'd just tried to upload that was sitting in the database, but not displaying correctly on the first version of my page). Once this was completed I was then able to add content from other pages to the CMS and get content from the CMS too.

Hope that explains it more clearly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...