close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wordpress

Thread began 2/28/2011 7:03 pm by madelectrical386948 | Last modified 3/01/2011 2:45 am by madelectrical386948 | 2938 views | 2 replies |

madelectrical386948

Wordpress

Hi, I will webassist had a blog function, but I don't believe you do.

Big questions is if you don't, does anybody know anything about Wordpress.

I need to use security assist to make sure the main home page does not come up.

My site points to the login address, but I can bypass that knowing my address for the main page.

I looked at every PHP file from Wordpress and I cannot find the blog.php

Any ideas?

If webassist has a blog function, please let me know.

Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

essentially wordpress IS a blog, that's is key purpose.

you can get a blog site set up very quickly, but it's a bit like chess, takes a few minutes to learn, and a lifetime to master.

don;t know about using it with security assist, but in principle it should work, and there are hundreds of plugins for wordpress which will probably do the job for you anyway.

madelectrical386948

Blog

Thx Chris,

Your right, Wordpress is a blog. I was hoping that webassist had that feature. I want to use the blog for worktime development between a few people who have admin rights.

Your right about setting it up. Had it setup quickly, but finding ways around it and security holes. One of them is the one I mentioned.

I created a directory and put everything in that area. I can bypass the login name and if a hacker can figure out the main folder, its that easy to get to the main page. I have it setup not to post unless an admin there, but I don't want people even seeing that.

I was hoping that somebody did Wordpress and attached security assist to it and made it work. So if somebody has done that, please let me know.

thx

Mike

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...