close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Multiple Alert error messages when uploading images using Internet Explorer

Thread began 1/27/2011 8:21 am by blu | Last modified 9/21/2011 1:18 am by info328376 | 2695 views | 6 replies |

blu

Multiple Alert error messages when uploading images using Internet Explorer

I'm getting multiple Alert error messages when trying to upload any image (jpg or gif tried) using

Internet Explorer 7 or 8 (win). Works fine with FF 3.6 (win and mac) and Chrome 8.0 (win) and

Safari 5 (mac). I've not been able to test IE mac version.

Errors come after I've browsed and selected the file for upload from my hard drive and clicked

'Open' with the image selected.

String of screenshots attached showing sequence of alerts. Once I've clicked OK on all the alerts

there is no image uploaded.

Installation is totally standard with Editor preset to 'File Manager Enabled', defaul skin. All

default settings in fact.

Upload folder is a subfolder called 'images' and is set to 777

Server is a Linux / Apache
PHP version 5.2.8
MySQL version 5.1.3

I've tried a second installation on the same server under a different domain name and database with

the same results.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Bruce

Attached Files
error_pics.ZIP
Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Thanks, however i was not able to reproduce the issue on my end. Can you tell me what version of Windows you are using?

And just to confirm you are getting this when you click the images icon from the html editor toolbar and then uploading an image?

blu

Hi Dan

I'm clicking the icon in the menu for adding images (screenshot attached).

I've tried it on a few different Windows / Internet Explorer setups as follows all with the same problem:

ie8 on windows 7 (64 bit) - in both vanilla and compatibility mode (Orange ISP)
ie8 on windows XP Home Edition SP2 - in both vanilla and compatibility mode (BT ISP)
ie7 on windows Vista Ultimate 32bit SP2 (BT ISP)

also (though I think this may be unrelated)
ie6 on windows XP Professional SP3 (which didn't get to the error messages as it hung the browser when I clicked on the browse button to browse my hd for images)

Hope this helps. Going to try installing on a different server altogether to see what happens.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

info328376

error messages IE9

I have the same problem. With Opera, Chrome & Firefox everythong works fine.
But when using IE9, I'm unable to upload any files or images, instead I get the multiple pop-up messages mentionned in the first post.
What was the solution for this problem ?

blu

Hi info328376

In my case it looks like it was some sort of conflict between HTML Editor and my server. When tech support upgraded the server a couple of weeks after posting this thread, the problem ceased. Unfortunately I don't know the details of the upgrade. But you could buy some webspace from another provider (free with a domain name perhaps?) and then test it on a different server to see if you still get the same problem.

DMX Zone just couldn't replicate the problem on their own servers so could never figure out what the problem was. Just glad it sorted with a server OS upgrade

Bruce

info328376

Hello Blu, thanks for your reply. Maybe I'll try another provider.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...