close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power Store 4 Not Adding Tax

Thread began 1/24/2011 9:22 am by dgwhit288523 | Last modified 6/06/2011 9:04 am by Jason Byrnes | 2559 views | 9 replies |

dgwhit288523

Power Store 4 Not Adding Tax

When I initially tested the site, tax for TN of 9.25 was being added to those addresses with the state of TN.

Now that I am about to take the state live and go through the check out process using Pay Pal standard, all that is added to the retail price is shipping and handling.

The tax setting is correct for TN (9.25 and TN).

What could cause this?

Sign in to reply to this post

dgwhit288523

Checked Database and Settings Again

As you know, when someone registers in Power Store, they select the state by name, for example in this case, Tennessee. When entering the tax code for this state, the choice is TN.

I checked the database for all the test registrants using Tennessee and it is inserted into the database as TN, so when going through check out, the tax rate should be picked up.

I also looked at the total amount for shipping & handling to see if the tax was added into the total and it is not.

I also put a product in the store with no shipping and handling to see if it picks it up and it doesn't, so this is all the troubleshooting I know how to do on this end.

Please advise as soon as you can. I am trying to take the site live as soon as I get this resolved.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure in the settings that you enter the state abbreviation in caps. it must be "TN", not "tn" or "Tn"

try accessing the database suing PHPMyADmin and run the following SQL:
SELECT value FROM wa_settings where name='state' OR name='Rate (%)'

sen a screen shot showing the results.

also a link to your store would help.

dgwhit288523

Store Link

I have checked and the state is listed as TN in caps. I will run the test and get back to you.

Thanks!

ecommerce/

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

taxes are based on the Shipping State, your checkout page is only showing a billing section.

Go to the Shipping settings and select the Enable Shipping option, you can leave the shipping settings at no shipping provider and s 0 shipping fee, but you need to have the shipping section of the form to calculate taxes.

dgwhit288523

Query

Showing rows 0 - 2 (3 total, Query took 0.0007 sec)
SQL query:
SELECT value
FROM wa_settings
WHERE name = 'state'
OR name = 'Rate (%)'
LIMIT 0 , 30
[ Edit ] [ Explain SQL ] [ Create PHP Code ] [ Refresh ]

row(s) starting from record #
in horizontal horizontal (rotated headers) vertical mode and repeat headers after cells

Sort by key: PRIMARY (Ascending) PRIMARY (Descending) None
value
TN
TN
Check All / Uncheck All With selected:

row(s) starting from record #
in horizontal horizontal (rotated headers) vertical mode and repeat headers after cells

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insert new row Print view Print view (with full texts) Export

dgwhit288523

Thanks!

Made the change and it worked!

Thanks for checking it out and your quick response!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

RIPAIR

Same issue

I Show three rows after doing that SQL query and they are similar but for a different state, but I never see taxes. Actually have a ticket already open concerning this: Technical Support Ticket # 127418

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

looking at your ticket, it appears that this is due to upgrading PowerStore 4.x to PowerStore 4.5 but not uploading all of the updated files from the install/webassist folder.

In order to add the updated features such as shipping an tax rules, all of the files from the install/webassist folder must be updated on your server, it is not possible to have these updated functions work if all of the files are not updated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...