close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

New Html Editor 3

Thread began 1/21/2011 4:07 pm by Jenny I | Last modified 1/25/2011 4:40 am by Jenny I | 2213 views | 6 replies |

Jenny I

New Html Editor 3

Thanks for this I really needed it.

Just have a few questions.

How difficult would it be to completely re skin the design of the file manager?. I need to use this as a standalone in an iframe on one is my pages so I need to make it look similar to the design.

Sign in to reply to this post

YellowCircleWeb

You can change the skin colour of the editor to match your site very easily from within the HTML Editor settings when inserting it into a page. However, you may want to wait a little bit before taking the plunge with the upgrade as there appears to be a serious bug in HTML Editor 3 relating to the use of custom styles - see this post for details showthread.php?t=18408

I'm hoping to get an answer to the problem from WebAssist on Monday (I'm assuming they don't work weekends).

Jenny I

I think that I may have spotted some bugs too or not understood the feature tour tutorial. At the moment I am only using the standalone file manager but I am having problems.

1. I run through the file manager wizard and apply all my settings (I already have security assist access rules set up) and I select the appropriate rule and click ok. I then complete all my settings and click ok.
2. I preview the the form, click on file upload browse button and the file manage pops up.

Problems
-Does not ask me to log in. (possible solution: I did not apply an access rule to the index.php of KFM directory. Is this the problem?)
-The file directory panel constantly hangs and sometimes does not load.
-When I attempt to upload a file into the file manager directly and click "upload" nothing happens in "Icon" view. I have to switch to "list" view and back to icon view to see the new file.  

In addition I just have a few more questions about the stanalone file manager.

1. Can I <iframe> the index.php page of the file manager into another page and manage files successfully?
2. Can a user dynamically view folders based on a user session ID (the one created by security assist). So the user can only view a folder based on a session variable?
3. Can you disable buttons based on sessions.
4. Can the standalone file manager be used in "DA multiple insert"?
5. Where can I modify denied/accepted file types?
6. Is it possible to modify (almost completely) re-skin the design of the file manager without harming the functionality? I need to make it look more like the CKEditor itself, so this will involve replacing icons, fonts, the overall background and the file icons. Would I need Javascript or php knowledge to do this?
6. Finally I need to clarify the scenario you have in the feature tour.

You have page with a form and on the right an album gallery. If this an example of a gallery for logged in users I am guessing that question 2 is possible. You would want to restrict a logged in user to only view there folder with there albums (sub-directories) based on thier user session variable. How is the album section on the right intended to be used? By this I mean is it possible to click in each thumbnail and bring up the file manager pop-up window to display the contents of that album(sub-directory)?  

This is a really excellent extension but I just need answers to these questions so I can effectively implement the standalone file manager.

Thanks in advance

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) I haven't tried using an iframe for the file manager. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2) This should be possible by using the sub-directory based on the session variable and by not showing the directory tree.

3) You can hand-code edits to the kfm files and probably accomplish this, but it isn't a supported feature.

4) I think it would work, but you'd have to try to be sure. It might take a small amount of tweaking, but since it uses a standard text field for passing data, it should be pretty easy to accomplish.

5) Under webassist/kfm/initialise.php you will find the denied file types on line120

6) You would probably want to copy the folder webassist/kfm/themes/webassist_v2 and name it for your new theme. Then update the template.html page to make design changes. Then update the design that is used from the webassist/kfm/filebrowse.js page on line 91, replacing webassist_v2 with your theme name.

7) You would probably have to do some hand-editing to get everything you are trying to do accomplished. It is possible, but not directly supported. I tried calling you to help you with some of these things over the phone but I got a voice mail.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jenny I

Hi Ray,

Thanks for this. Sorry I need to check that the phone number I have in my profile is my up to date number. I will make sure my profile is up to date. In the meantime I will try and apply the solutions you have given me so far.

Thanks for your dedication

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I couldn't find a phone number associated with your account, so I actually looked up a phone number associated with an old support incident and tried that.

Feel free to ask more questions or supply sample files and I can try to give more assistance.

When you have done a new theme for the file manager let me know, I'd love to take a look at it and possibly (with your permission) try to include it in an update for others to use.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jenny I

Thanks Ray,

I will try my best, I will let you know if I have any problems. :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...