close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't Log Into Admin Area

Thread began 1/13/2011 9:28 pm by photoeyes2u348674 | Last modified 1/17/2011 2:05 pm by photoeyes2u348674 | 2664 views | 7 replies |

photoeyes2u348674

Can't Log Into Admin Area

I have installed Powergallery and right after that I was able to log in and upload some images to a database I had set up. I will be replacing these with larger images. Today, I tried to log in at the Powergallery Admin Log In and can't do it. I have contacted my web host (Host Gator) and a tech there couldn't help me log in.

I have tried the username and password that I use for my cPanel, which lets me see the powergallery and contents. This won't work on the admin log in page. I tried the username and password set up for the database I used after I went through the powergallery wizard. It won't work. I have read other threads and tried the session test. This is what the test looked like after I clicked the #2
sessionTest.php

Does this mean there is a problem with session management? If not, what is the issue. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The session test page tests ok.

the PowerGallery login is not the same as your cpanel login or the database username and password. It is a username and password that you specified on the last step of the installation.

if you can access the power gallery database, look in the wa_settings table, the admin username and password are stored there.

photoeyes2u348674

I am able to get into the wa_settings. I changed the username and password and copy and pasted. I still can't log in. It didn't work with the info that was in there before either.

photoeyes2u348674

I deleted the powergallery from online, did a fresh download and reinstall; went through the wizard ok. On the last page it said I had already set up the username and password. I did recognize the username but the password was only 10 spaces; not what I thought was correct.

I now have a gallery online and logged out. I tried to log in again to the admin to no avail. If I do another download and reinstall, is that going to mess up the gallery I already have? Can I just reinstall without deleting the other files online? Brain dead at this point and tired.

photoeyes2u348674

Help? Can anyone respond, please.

photoeyes2u348674

Ok. So now I have reset my log in info in a certain way and I am able to log in. I have been working all day trying to catch up with my galleries. I'm afraid to log out. It seems there is no one here on the weekends.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you using special characters in the password or username?

characters like the double quote ", single quote ', should be avoided in the password, this may be causing the issue you are having.

photoeyes2u348674

I did use the underscore some. Maybe that is causing some problems. thanks. I will stick to just numbers and letters.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...