close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

upload file and update database

Thread began 1/09/2011 1:34 pm by Sally | Last modified 1/17/2011 7:47 am by Jason Byrnes | 2212 views | 7 replies |

Sally

upload file and update database

I'm new to CSS Form Builder so maybe I'm missing something. But what I want to do is create a form that uploads a file, inserting a record into a database with info about that file. The user will choose from a few types, such as Minutes, Financials and Other and then provide info like the date and name along with the file to be uploaded. I don't see a preset that looks anything like that so I modified a registration preset to have the fields I want, including the File field.

In the Form Function tab I have the option of what folder I want the file to be uploaded to, but nothing about inserting a record into the database with the other fields. Should I next select the form and then apply a Insert Record behavior for the other fields?

If there's a better way to design this all together, I'm open to that too.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

After creating the Form with Form Builder, you will need to use the data Assist Insert record behavior to add the form data to the database including the name of the uploaded file.

Sally

Thanks for your reply. I applied the Assist Insert behavior and it works except for the list field on the form. The item I select from the list appears in the form, and is sent in the email, but does not update on the database. You've asked that I send you this file for review regarding my "No To recordset or getting attachment" thread so maybe you could look at it then. Or post and I'll be happy to try whatever you say. Thanks, Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i started a ticket for the other issue, i will look into this one at the same time.

Sally

Thank you for your help and patience today. Fyi, the other emails in the recordset came in eventually so looks like my host is okay with UE's settings.

Thank you again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, glad to hear it is working.

Sally

I have a follow up question, though. I know we had discussed not changing the form you worked on using UE because it will overwrite the code you fixed the form with. But I have other forms to make. Can I upload the webassist/email folder to the server after creating other forms or will some files that the form you worked on uses also be changed so it won't work anymore? Are there particular files I can/can't upload?

I know you have a support ticket in for a fix, but I'm just trying to figure out if I can go ahead and make other forms in the meantime.

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, it wont be a problem to create new forms and upload the webassist/email folder. the changes I had to make where in the form page itself.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...