close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Password Verification

Thread began 1/07/2011 10:12 am by rufus406794 | Last modified 1/18/2011 12:41 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3093 views | 10 replies |

rufus406794

Password Verification

Is it possible to have the form check a database to verify the password is correct?

I would like to give (control) the password to the user… before he registers.
He would then use the password when registering.
When he submits the form, the form would check the database, if good he would gain entrance if not he would be rejected

Can you help put me on the path?

Many Thanks for a Great product and support!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the only way to do this would be disable the registration form for the users since you would need to basically do a simple registration for them to enter the password that is used for their email address.

then when they login using the email and password you register for them with, they can update the rest of the profile.

rufus406794

Ok that may be a little much for me…

What I am trying to do is limit a new register for having access to some protected pages.
Just because someone registers should not mean they have access to all pages.

What would I need to do to…
Add a few fields to the users Profile page and add a submit button.
This way once they register I could login and place the link on their page.

I just purchased Securityassist and Universal if that will help.

Thank you for Any Help

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sounds like you want to have user level authentication.
the user would be given limited privileges on registration, then you could elevate their level.

see the user level authentication tutorial in the solution recipe section of the security assist support page:
securityassist/

rufus406794

I found the answard showthread.php?t=13734&highlight=Email+Verification

It is where you remove remove the verify email code so that the user does not get the verification link. Then only users that you manually verify will be allowed.

Thanks

rufus406794

Please... Can you tell where I can find this to remove?
...remove the verify email code so that the user does not get the verification link...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you do not want to send the registration email, delete the following code block from the registration page:

php:
<?php

if ((($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST)))     {

//WA Universal Email object="mail"
  //Send Loop Once Per Entry

$RecipientEmail "".((isset($_POST["UserEmail"]))?$_POST["UserEmail"]:"")  ."";include("WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_users_Registration_1.php");

//Send Mail All Entries

if ("users_ThankYou.php"!="")     {

header("Location: users_ThankYou.php");
  }
}
?>

rufus406794

Sorry but that is not what i need...
I only want the admin... to receive the email saying that someone reg. and to verify this email address.
when i do that you suggest, it kills any email being sent... admin does not receive an email letting him know some one reg... so how would i know if someone did reg.

Please, what do i need do so only the admin receives an email with the click here to verify

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change this line:
$RecipientEmail = "".((isset($_POST["UserEmail"]))?$_POST["UserEmail"]:"") ."";include("WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_users_Registration_1.php");

to the admins email address:
$RecipientEmail = "admin@yourdomain.com";include("WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_users_Registration_1.php");

rufus406794

Works.

Thank you for Great Support...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...