close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

song preview and album association

Thread began 1/06/2011 11:34 am by Jay Core Global Media | Last modified 1/07/2011 12:19 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1754 views | 8 replies |

Jay Core Global Media

song preview and album association

I have ps3 setup to deliver digital goods no problem! My client is selling music, if there selling the full album everything works just fine. I want to be able to ,on the Product detail page to have customers have the option to buy the full album or individual songs. So I know i enter the full album as a product, and each song as a product. How can i associate all the individual songs with that album. I have almost all the webassist products and good web design knowledge (php, sql, etc.), i relize its probably a database table relationship thing, i just need to be pointed in the right direction. I understand products related to categories how would i associate products with products.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i guess you could create a linking table for this

albumsongs:
albumSongsID - primary Key
albumSongsAlbumID - Enter the ProductID for the Album product
albumSongsSongID - Enter the ProductID for the song product

create a separate record for each song to relate it to the album

then to return the songs that relate to the album, you could use the following query:
SELECT * FROM ps4_products where ProductID IN (SELECT albumSongsID from ps4_products INNER JOIN albumsongs ON ps4_products.ProductID = albumsongs.albumSongsAlbumID WHERE ps4_products.ProductID = <Album productID>)

Jay Core Global Media

ok i pretty much have it set up. How would i insert product id in the "albumSongsSongID" table every time i add a a new product

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to add an update record behavior for this to update the albumsongs table.

Jay Core Global Media

ok am on the product insert page, from server behaviors i've chosen dataassist update single record update how do i chose my value to be productID when creating a new product am choosing from my update record (ps3_products) form

Emma

Power Store 4 round coners

I observed that all the round edges in PS4 appered nice and perfect in Safari, Mozila but it doesnt work in Explorer. Every appears rectangles. What can i do to have the same round shapes in Exporer

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You wont be doing this on product insert.

you will need to create a whole new page to select the album product then probably have a multiple select list that allows you to select all of the song products that should be associated with the album and insert the ids to the new albumsongs table.

you are going to have to do some custom coding to get this to work, and is not something that we can offer support for.

Jay Core Global Media

can i submit a premium ticket for this

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sure, you could start a premium ticket for help with this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...