close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Manage Designs Problems

Thread began 12/09/2010 1:47 pm by tthales34419644 | Last modified 12/09/2010 5:18 pm by Ray Borduin | 1097 views | 3 replies |

tthales34419644

Manage Designs Problems

I am trying to adjust the color in the Manage Designs panel, but am having two issues:

#1: When opening a theme to edit I get the "unsaved theme..." message, continue or edit unsaved theme, either option continues opening a web window of the index page without any editing functionality. This occurs regardless of whether I select continue or edit unsaved theme.

#2: When navigating the manage designs page, the currently active theme shown defaults back to the "Crazy" theme as the current theme being used, yet the website is still showing the custom theme as the active current theme. Clicking "Select theme" on another theme does not change the current theme or refresh and reorganize the list of themes.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

When you are in the process of editing a theme it will display the custom theme you are editing to you and you alone until you close the theme editing window or save the custom theme. Anyone else browsing your site would see the active crazy theme.

Open another browser besides the one you are editing the theme with to see the true active theme, or close the theme editing window and it should start showing you the theme that is active rather than the custom one you are editing.

If you close your browser and re-visit the site this will also clear your session and allow you to view the same theme your customers see.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tthales34419644

Theme Editing

I have closed all the windows, Filezilla and re-logged into the CMS and gone back to the theme management window and am still unable to edit the theme

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support incident so that we can share information privately to help debug your issue.

Please log into our main web site and view your support history to see the created incident. Update that incident with the URL and login information so that I can see the problem you are having and debug it from my end.

You should also include your phone number in case it is necessary to call you in order to investigate this problem further.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...