close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

500 error

Thread began 11/30/2010 7:53 am by Larry321390 | Last modified 12/06/2010 7:33 am by Ray Borduin | 2525 views | 7 replies |

Larry321390

500 error

I'm work on thwo different sites and two different purchased power store 4 and getting the same error on both.

I started over. deletted everything including the database. I loaded the zipped file to the sever (gator host) and unzipped it in the server. Ran the installation and all works except design -- saving a theme. The new theme is there but I'm getting the following error and no details are saved:

500 Internal Server Error
The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.

174.122.114.250/~rmi25/PowerStore%20Files/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php (port 80)

I tried setting all the permision along the path to 777 but that did not fix it.

MORE INFO

I found the error reporting code in another post and added it to unload.php .
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>
Ran thru the save theme in ie8, latest firefox, and latest chrome. All gave me the same error with no additional info.

Regards,
Larry

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try changing the permissions of the /webassist folder and all subfolders to '755'... for some reason some servers restrict the exectution of php files with full permissions.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Larry321390

permissions 755

I tried that all folders and sub folders are 755 and all files are 644 in the main webassist folder.

What else would you recommend?

Larry321390

The error is gone.

I'm not sure who did what but I'm not getting the error any more. I also contacred the web server fourm. no one has said they did anthing but thanks.

Regards,
Larry

Larry321390

I was wrong the 500 error went away on my other site. It still exist on the site.
"500 Internal Server Error
The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.

174.122.114.250/~rmi25/PowerStore%20Files/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php "

It occures when you try to save the theme. I noticed the theme does not change in the preview window below. The color slider cause it to flash but the screen still has the same color configuration.
It's the same if you do a manual color change or select an image

I'm contacting the server people also. So what happen to fix the first site will happen again.

All permissions are set to 755.

Thank
Larry

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That sounds like the permission problem. I've seen it a dozen times at this point and you are describing the symptoms other people have fixed by updating permissions exactly. Are you sure you updated the webassist folder and all subfolders and both sites have the same permissions. I'm 99% sure it is a file permissions issue preventing the files from being updated... hence no updated preview and an error when you try to save.

Larry321390

Thanks Ray, I search google and found how to use filezilla to change all the permissions at one time. I change the entire Power store folder files to 755. As I watched it work I saw several that I had missed and they were 777.

Now the preview is changing as I change things but I'm getting the folowing warnings.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/rmi25/public_html/PStore4/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php:2) in /home/rmi25/public_html/PStore4/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmi25/public_html/PStore4/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php:2) in /home/rmi25/public_html/PStore4/webassist/plugins/styler/unload.php on line 5

Lines 3 and 5 are blank.

I took the php error code out and the same warnings.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for your help

Larry

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There shouldn't be any blank lines in that file.... blank lines can cause issues in php.

Maybe you were debugging and left code behind?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...