close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Serveur Behvior and Query Builder

Thread began 11/13/2010 1:37 am by CreateColl | Last modified 11/22/2010 7:20 am by Jason Byrnes | 1466 views | 3 replies |

CreateColl

Serveur Behvior and Query Builder

Hy,
I am a developer using DRW3 + ADDT and DRW4.

I bought your super suite last week to discover all your products in order to see if it's possible for me to pass from ADDT to WA, considering that my customers ask for complex integrations and I'm not looking for pre bulding solution, but only tools to increase speed of developement.

Currently I gain much much time with QUERY BUILDER to make complex requets. It's for me the main question. Is WA intends to develop functions in this direction?

I saw that installation of WA put a folder QUERY BUILDER, but I don't see this function under DRW 3 or 4.
(C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\fr_FR\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\QueryBuilder\)

I know we can use MySql administrtrator or SQLyog but only localy because my customers have mutualized hosting and I don't work with localy hosting.

I also use the " LINK TRANSACTION" to frequently link several transaction between them and which also makes me gain much time of coding.

Is WA intends also to develop functions in this direction ?

Thank you for your answer and for your great work !
G

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The DataAssist Extension includes the query builder functionality. The DataAssist Search wizard can be accessed by going to Insert -> WebAssist -> DataAssist -> DataAssist Search Wizard.

Before starting the DataAssist Search Wizard, you should create your results page with a basic unfiltered recordset, and add the results display to the page.

With your results page open, start the DataAssist search wizard to create the search page that will be used to filter the recordset.

WebAssist Extensions do use a transaction model, instead they use a trigger model, see the "WebAssist Triggers: Unleash the Power" PDF document on the learning resources page for more details:
resources.php

If there are features you do not see in the WebAssist Extensions that you would like the engineers to consider for future upgrades, please post these ideas to the wishlist forum.

CreateColl

Thank for your replay,

Infortunatly it seem to have no visual query builder in WA super suite. I mean like ADDT Query builder.

I also try to find some solutions to replace function I frequently use in ADDT like
Link Transaction, ( work even with insert transaction )
Check Unique key
Check detail record
Check master record
Compare transaction

I notice you have a solution to delete master - detail transaction - good,

But in most of those above case, the only solution I found is to come back to hand coding

Globaly your super suite is a great work but, from my point of view, it's not yet powerfull like ADDT.

For instance, when the data assiste wizard create a list , we only can chose a recodeset from the data base ! and it's not possible to chose one existing record set build one the page.
Sur we can change it by hand, but it's a big wast of time.

I hope you'll keep going to developpe function for developper in the futur and I encourage you in that sens because adobe gave up the developer for easy pre-built solutions.
Best regards

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If there are features you do not see in the WebAssist Extensions that you would like the engineers to consider for future upgrades, please post these ideas to the wishlist forum.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...