close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Styles and CMS

Thread began 9/16/2010 9:34 am by chris373619 | Last modified 9/21/2010 10:07 am by chris373619 | 2150 views | 8 replies |

chris373619

Styles and CMS

I've gone to great lengths to learn how to add in styles to a CMS site. I got it in (not easy the first time) and they works kind of. When I apply the style it doesn't work how I would think. When I apply the style it doesn't show up in the div the way it did when I made the style in dreamweaver. The position is off or it effected the div size. I'm not sure which one. I checked the css file for div size information and got ride of everything but type styles. After testing I see it didn't change anything. Any ideas how to solve that?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

is the CSS Style sheet attached to the PowerCMS pages?

just listing the style in the dropdown does not actually attach the css to the page, you need to adda style tag to import the css in.

chris373619

Yes, the pages have the style sheets attached. I did all the steps. It does work on the web.
The problem is it's effecting the div tag placement. I have attached the files.

index.php

Attached Files
coupon2.css.zip
index.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm sorry, but I need a little clarification / direction.

What exactly should i be looking for in the pages you attached and linked?

What is out of place, and where do you expect it to be?

chris373619

I have div tags lined up in the page. When I use CMS and add the style it makes the text look like it out of place and out of the div. You can see the on the link I hope. You would have to open the page and have the css loaded to see the placement of the div's.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I still need clarification.

when i load your page at:
index.php

I do not see anything that stands out as being out of place.

What exactly on that page does not display in the correct location?

Where exactly do you expect it to be?

chris373619

Sorry, it's the coupon part. I have attached a page to show what I see off the page online. I have also included a picture of what I see in dreamweaver. I have the divs placed ins a specific spot but they don't show up that way on the web. Hope the pictures help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Dreamweavers design view will not be 100% the same as it is rendered in the browser.

When I view your page, I see a lot of conflicting styles going on that may be contributing to the issue.

You have styles sheets with similar names that define the same classes.

another thing to bear in mind is that HTML Editor applies styles as classes to span elements, when I look at your source, I see:
<div id="Term"><p><span class="Term">Your First 2 month's Rent!<br></span></p> </div>

you have the Term class and Term ID styles applied here.

In Dreamweaver, the term is in bold type.

I do not see any CSS in the term class or ID to bold the text

chris373619

You are right. The process is a little confusing so I think I might of got lost along the way. I will keep working with the css styles to perfect this styling. Thanks for looking at it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...