close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Any problems between eCart5 and the DreamWeaver HTML5 pack update?

Thread began 9/12/2010 7:15 pm by SaladoGuy | Last modified 9/14/2010 11:33 am by SaladoGuy | 1268 views | 5 replies |

SaladoGuyBeta Tester

Any problems between eCart5 and the DreamWeaver HTML5 pack update?

For a couple months I've been working on a site using eCart and DreamWeaver CS4.

I am new to all this and just now learning how to use it. I've remade the cart from scratch a number of times, but it's always worked fairly well until today.

I originally had the eCart, DataAssist, SecurityAssist and Universal email extensions installed.
Last week, I installed all the other extensions, starting with the Cookie Toolkit.

On Friday, I installed an update that was available for Adobe DreamWeaver: the "HTML5 update pack". I can't remember if I installed any extensions after I installed that DreamWeaver update, but I do know that I had previously disabled SecurityAssist because of the bug that conflicts with the Cookie Toolkit, and I have since re-enabled SecurityAssist (which might be similar to installing it?).

Today, I backed up my site files, deleted the 3 checkout pages, and ran the Checkout Wizard again. It did create the 3 files, but they had a *bunch* of problems.

First, each one of them repeatedly redirected to the viewcart page. After manually comparing the code to the old pages, I finally found that the function "$cart->GetContent()" had been inserted in between the 2 redirect functions, instead of before them. I manually moved it before them in all 3 files, and the redirect issue cleared up.

I then had a problem on the checkout_success page where I was getting a warning about "headers already sent". I eventually found that the entire section of code responsible for sending the confirmation email was moved way down in the page. I moved it up to match the old pages and then the error went away.

There were several other bits of code that I had to rearrange in order to make the new pages work correctly.

I noticed in a few places the closing php tag of a given code block was on the same line as the opening tag for the next code block. The old pages from previous runs weren't like that.

Overall, it was a strange experience, since it had worked the previous several times.

If this had happened to me the first time I ran the wizard, I never would have figured out what was wrong. And I'm not sure how I can use this on other new sites where I won't have an "old working copy" to compare against. It seems that eCart is now simply generating incorrect code on my computer.

Which makes me wonder - is there some incompatibility between eCart and the DreamWeaver HTML5 update?

Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

SaladoGuyBeta Tester

Originally Said By: SaladoGuy
  For a couple months I've been working on a site using eCart and DreamWeaver CS4.  



I'm sorry, that was supposed to read "and DreamWeaver CS5", *NOT* CS4

Sign in to reply to this post

SaladoGuyBeta Tester

I can confirm that on another computer that also has the CS5 HTML5 update installed, eCart now has exactly the same problem as on my computer (generating code with the same problems). FYI these are both Macs, running Snow Leopard. At the moment I don't have another computer test on.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I was not able to reproduce a similar problem using Dreamweaver CS5 after installing the 11.0.3 Dreamweaver update. The checkout pages created by the checkout wizard did not have the code order problems that you mentioned.

Sign in to reply to this post

SaladoGuyBeta Tester

Thank you Jason. I'm still working on it.

Sign in to reply to this post

SaladoGuyBeta Tester

We stup a fresh DreamWeaver install on Windows (and did not apply any updates) and we're still having the same problem, so it's not a problem with the DW update.

I'm assuming that there must be some problem with our cart object now, and it's causing the checkout wizard to generate bad code. I'm going to try purging all the eCart related code and starting fresh.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...