close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Headers already sent with SSI

Thread began 9/10/2010 8:33 pm by Miguel | Last modified 9/20/2010 1:40 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1598 views | 5 replies |

Miguel

Headers already sent with SSI

hello im trying to build a site that has the login on the header all the time if the user has not log to the site, i created a php file for the header where i have made a form and added the security assist authenticate user, then i have a template for all pages where on the top i use an include the header file but when i do this i always get a blank page with this msg:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\artppl\index.php:55) in C:\xampp\htdocs\artppl\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 38

Now i know to check for empty spaces wich i did, the only thing i see is that if i insert the header in the template like this

html:
<div id="OuterWrapper"><?php require_once('../head.php'); ?><div id="InnerWrapper">
<div id="Contents"> <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="CenterRegion" --><!-- TemplateEndEditable --></div>

i get the error is there any way to work this around?

I attached the file of picture of what i want to acomplish i know that if i use addt server side includes would work but trying to be less dependant to addt and still have not been able to get the new WA framework just trying to do a manual include but with no luck

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the error is reporting the problem around line 55 of the index.php page:

(output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\artppl\index.php:55)

If you cannot spot the problem, please send a copy of the index.php page in a zip archive.

Miguel

Attached the files i changed and took out the login but i keep getting the error when logged in cause i have a check if user is logged in the head part wich is included with php

Attached Files
aser.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this zip file does not include the index page that the error is being reported on.

please send the index page.

Miguel

I changed the hole way the page works thats i took out the login process from the header and added links but ob those links i still added the check if user is logged in or not if he is logged in hide the links to sign up and login and show users name and profile link

every page on the site now has this

Warning:  session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxx\servicios.php:89) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxx\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 5

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\servicios.php:89) in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 5

The only pages that dont show that message are the ones that have ecart behavoir guess cause they start their own session on each of those.

If i remove the check if user is logged from the header file the error desapears.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the headers already sent error means that there is html or other output to the page before calling the header function.

the restrict access behavior will use the header function to redirect to the login page if the restriction does not pass, if you have that in a part of the page after there is output, you will get the error you are describing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...