close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 4 Build 013

Thread began 9/10/2010 10:23 am by Anna Robinson | Last modified 9/17/2010 4:31 pm by Ray Borduin | 2077 views | 10 replies |

Anna Robinson

PowerStore 4 Build 013

PowerStore 4 Build 013 is now available.
PowerStore_013.zip
serial #: hPOHS-YRBMc-0yAiM-FojLQ

Migration from a v3 site has not passed QA yet, but HAS been implemented in this build and can be beta tested.

There are still some cosmetic issues with IE and (a separate issue) with PayPal checkouts.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Thanks Anna... I will give this a rip tonight and see what I come up with and report back this weekend.

Best regards,

Brian

CraigRBeta Tester

Initial thoughts

I must admit, it looks impressive.

Installation was very straightforward.

i (manually) imported some data from an (non ps) ecommerce store i created recently so i could play with some data.

the biggest problem I have had so far is finding my way around the files in dreamweaver, as I am totally unused to plugins.

Q about gallery.

what is the procedure for adding a gallery to a page, it may be straightforward, but i couldn't find it.

for example, if i choose gallery slideshow wide as the display, how do i put it in the product detail page ?

Q about catalog image & detail image. -
not sure if their placement on different tabs is intuitive
if i choose the same image for both, the same image is uploaded twice, the second with a suffix, however the image size is identical.
if the image is not resized, would it not be better to check if the image is the same and not upload 2 copies ?

Couple of points, (being from the UK)...

On install page 5 of 8, the 2 letter state field doesn't work for UK
Had to change the currency symbols to £, (in results grid & details pages so far)
is the plugins folder 'catelog' supposed to be spelled like that ?

i ran through the buying process using paypal express checkout and my sandbox account, and got as far as the the pp_confirm page, where i wasn't able to complete the transaction because my password didn't have 'at least one number'.
Don't know if this problem is because of PS4 or my sandbox account setup, but my sandbox pwd has no numbers

the default themes all seem to be very dark and moody, some lighter, brighter ones would be nice

PS i notice on the 'crazy' theme, the background displayed isn't there when being edited
after creating a new theme, i decided i no longer wanted it. is it possible to delete a user added theme ?

Not a 'thorough' test, but i will keep at it, and feedback anything else relevant

Recently, I have been working on some enhancements to PS3 for a client, involving adding some upselling and cross selling features to the cart and product detail pages.
If I can work out how to do these as plug-ins for PS4, that would be so cool.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Gallery integration is done through any HTML Editor instance. The toolbar now has an "add gallery" icon that will allow you to add a galery to any product long description, or any content area.

In terms of images, if you want to use the same image for both, only specify the image on the first tab. It will automatically use it for both if no second image is specified.

You noticed my catelog typo :( I'll get it corrected before the final build.

The pp_confirm page should have asked you to enter a password. If that field didn't show up, then that sounds like it could be a bug.

We have made our bed with the supplied themes. Luckily they are mostly configurable from the admin to adjust and lighten the colors. In each future version we will try to create a few new themes and will keep in mind that there is a need for lighter ones.

We will make sure that you can edit the crazy background in the next build.

To delete a created theme, just delete the folder in /webassist/themes/ with the theme you want deleted. Currently this has to be done manually.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

CraigRBeta Tester

The pp_confirm page should have asked you to enter a password. If that field didn't show up, then that sounds like it could be a bug.  

Hi Ray. I was prompted for a password, but the spry validation implied it should be a combination of letters and numbers, (it isn't), i would attach an image, but i can't in this thread

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That isn't your paypal password. It is your password for powerstore. It is used to create a powerstore user profile. It sounds like we might need clarification text to keep people from thinking they should enter their paypal password. You should never give any site (other than paypal) your paypal password.

CraigRBeta Tester

Not idiot proof then !!:)

I get it now, I tried it again, and it works.

Just as an aside, i want to change some of the details of the confirmation email.

i assume i would want to change receipt.php in the Email Templates folder of WA_Universal_Email

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is correct.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

When installing the 013 build this morning I thought I would re-use the database I set up for the 008 build but I get this error message

ERROR: The powerstore4 database is not empty, it already contains tables named ps4_categories, ps4_contenthistory, ps4_contents, ps4_couponproducts, ps4_coupons, ps4_optiongroups, ps4_options, ps4_orderdetails, ps4_orders, ps4_productcategories, ps4_productoptions, ps4_products, ps4_simpleoptions, ps4_usergroups, ps4_users. Please create an empty database for PowerStore to use.  

Is this correct you cannot re-use an existing database ?

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Pleased to see that state is no longer required when the country is not set to US

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...