close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS template

Thread began 9/02/2010 5:42 am by info414113 | Last modified 10/18/2010 7:06 pm by info414113 | 4716 views | 14 replies |

info414113

PowerCMS template

Hello,

I installed PowerCMS and everything works fine.
I wanted to modify the template so I can change some links...but when I make changes on the admin template and save it, nothing changes on all the other pages.

The powercms directory is in the site root.
So the template is located :

Site Root ---- powercms --- templates ---- admin.dwt.php

Is there anything special I need to do when I save to the template to apply it to all the pages?

Thank you!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to edit the template and apply it to all pages, the power cms files must be at the sites root.

temporarily modify the site settings so the powercms folder is the site root, then go to modify -> templates -> update pages

once the pages have been updated, you can revert the site root back to the way it was.

info414113

Thank you! It worked!

And another question, how come the Live edit doesnt work?
When I'm on my website, and logged on, there's not "Edit" button where my editable section is.

Also, if I type words with accent in the content area...update it and go th my website...it looks like :

"Démonstration"

Instead of "Démonstration"

Thank you!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

info414113

english

Thank you but I do not really speak english.
I write it but I can hardly speak it.

Please help me via forum

Thank you!

info414113

Hello,

I'd like to know if someone can help me with my issue.

Thank you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

at his point, I need to do a screen sharing session to troubleshoot your problem.

I can do this using a chat session with skype or IM if a phone call will not work.

I will update your ticket with details.

info414113

yerstou Here

Ok.

I updated the ticket. Please read it as soon as possible. I currently online for IM.

Thank you

Emma

Power cms

Hello, I was looking for a content management software because i wanted my clients to have total control on their sites so i purchased Power CMS. I am having big problem making this to work with the websites. Here are some of the site's links. 1. www.ksmus.org, 2. www.drdayobrown.com. I do not know how to import my template into Power CMS. I mean the custom design template. Please i need your assistance. What are the best approach that can work with my kind of design? Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not sure I follow. You do not need to import your template to power CMS. In Power CMS you create the content that you wish to display in the pages, to display that content in your page, copy the developer notes to the page where the content should display.

for more details see the Adding content how to for Power CMS:
powercms_creating_content.pdf

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...