Products_Insert when there are options
I am having an issue with the PS3 product_insert page. It does not insert values into the "ProductLive" (via the product available for sale check box) and the the ProductStock database fields in the product table for any options (except for the default option).
Here is what happens:
1. I add a new product, filling out the entire form, with the category highlighted, and with all fields filled out, and the "live" check box checked. I check the box to add options and click finish.
2. Before I add the six color options (default plus five) on the options_Add page, I check the database via phpMyAdmin. I see one record for the product I just added, and all the fields have their values as they should.
3. I return to the options_Add form and add color as the option, and then the default value. No database record added, but I presume there is a "flag" somewhere such that first record is now associated with the default color. I add the next color. I check the database to see a record added this time, but the "ProductLive" and the ProductStock database fields contain zeros, not the values they should, based on the first record entered.
4. I complete the addition of the other four colors (total six), click finish, and the database has a total of six records, the first one correct, and the latter five with the aforementioned zeros. All the other fields such as price, weight, etc. have had their values carried forward with each record for each color addition.
5. I am now at the Products_Update page (for the default color product). If I check the "update all options" boxes for "ProductLive" and the "ProductStock" inventory, the correct values are entered into the five records that previously held zeros, and all records are now correct.
Is this the proper work flow for entering a product with options, or is this a bug? It seems like the records should have been correct without having to perform step 5 above. Please advise.