close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Expandable Webassist boxes

Thread began 8/12/2010 12:49 pm by dnys04173367569 | Last modified 8/12/2010 3:39 pm by Anna Robinson | 784 views | 3 replies |

dnys04173367569

Expandable Webassist boxes

When using many of the webassist products. A number if not all the webassist boxes used to configure settings are not large enoguht and therefore I have to use scroll when entering data.

Please could webassist start to use boxes that are expandable in size and even have the full screen size option, so that users are able to see all the data requirements all at once.

In data-assist there are many coloums which can not be fully lengthen to see all the data/infomation contained and therefore the ability to extend the box and the columns contained within would be a significant improvment to the extensions provided by WebAssist.

Sometimes the boxes are not large enought and settings cover over buttons.

Please see images attached for examples.

Sign in to reply to this post

Anna Robinson

Check out this thread and see if either of these resolutions would work for you.
showthread.php?t=10596

Post back if you can't resolve the user interfaces that way. Thanks!

dnys04173367569

The resoultion setting did not help me as my settings are already 2560x1600.

Setting the DPI to 100% in Windows 7 at 96dpi has help in stopping the text from covering over the button settings as you suggest.

Sadly because I have fairly bad sight my settings for text was at 150% which usually makes it easier for me to work on my computer. But these setting above the normal 96dpi obviously effect how the Webassist Extensions are displayed and can lead to problems for someone like myself who had in the past adjusted the DPI to improve my general PC monitor experience.

I still hope that webassist can consider this in the future for those with my problem of higher DPI settings.

However, I still believe that the boxes should be expandable specifically lengthwise, when looking at the data columns in extensions such as DataAssist.

I have attached an image of the dataassist box that cannot be extended and you can clearly see that data held in the right most column cannot be fully seen even when I have minimised the other columns and therefore sometimes you have to go into a column to look at the formula and this can lead to accidental alteration of the field or even default data being input by the extension over-riding the original data formula.

By allowing for the expansion of the box, the columns could all be fully expanded and most likely all data will be visable to the user, without having to scroll the rows and/or minimise columns.

Thanks for you assistance with the 96 DPI issue but I hope that the WebAssist can look at the DPI increases in the future and also look at expanding the boxes used to display info - especially for extensions that contain alot of columns and large amounts of data.

:)

Anna Robinson

I see what you are saying width-wise. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it on to the engineering team for consideration.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...