close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sandbox not working

Thread began 8/11/2010 9:29 am by bchilds137315 | Last modified 8/12/2010 2:15 pm by Eric Mittman | 1464 views | 3 replies |

bchilds137315

Sandbox not working

I am running ecart 4.1.4 and it has been very stable for me and working pretty well so I have never upgraded.

In the last six weeks I have been having some Payments not go through from the confirm page and my error codes are not displaying on my failure page. This doesn't happen all the time... some transactions do go through. My client is getting frustrated.

As well my sandbox isn't working at all. I can't get a transaction to work.

I am using PP Payments pro. I have uploaded my four files with the API info removed. (These are my sandbox files...not my live transaction pages but replicas with sandbox API info swapped in...)

I am leary of upgrading to 4.52. Will the cart still work or do I have to reprogram things?

Brennan Childs

Attached Files
WAsupport.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I would suggest that you make use of the latest release of eCart 4 to recreate the checkout server behaviors on these pages. I know that there were several changes made in the last releases of eCart 4 so this issue might resolve itself with the updated files.

This is still version 4 of eCart so updating should not cause any problems. Just make sure that you backup the site in it's current state with all of the files before you make any updates to it.

If you continue to experience any issues with the checkout it would be best to have some steps to consistently reproduce the issue, if the problem is with the code that is used to process the transaction is should be reproducible with a given set of steps. If the problem is with the values of a particular item or the values that the user is entering it might take some more effort to debug the issue. If you are getting sent to the checkout failure page then there should be some type of response that you should see, do you see the full request when you get to this page?

bchilds137315

thanks

Hi Eric,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I will try your advice and upgrade the ecart.

1) Is there a faq on how best to upgrade? The steps to follow?
2) I can replicate the error in sandbox mode, but I'm not getting any feedback on the failure page. Can you tell me what code I'm missing to get feedback for Paypal pro?

Thanks again,

BChilds

Eric Mittman

When it comes to upgrading your are really just installing the release of eCart, so long as it is the same version there should not need to be anything special done to make use of it. You will need to completely uninstall the previous one before you install the new one, here is a link to a doc that we have on installing the extensions:

Downloading Extensions
downloading.pdf

Installing Extensions
installing.pdf

You may want to try adding in the full set of session variables that should have the values for the checkout, here is the code to add to your failure pages:

php:
<?php  

if(!session_id()) session_start();   
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Request :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");  
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Response :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />"); 
echo(
"PayPal Express Checkout requests and responses :<br />");   
echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
?>

If you do not get any values returned with this then the checkout server behavior may not be getting triggered. Please post back and let us know the results that you get.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...