close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fatal Error - What is wrong?

Thread began 8/09/2010 1:39 pm by dtp_guy257655 | Last modified 8/12/2010 12:26 pm by Eric Mittman | 3219 views | 7 replies |

dtp_guy257655

Fatal Error - What is wrong?

I created a php site with siteassist pro. I'm trying to add the content form solution pack. If I upload either the contactus.php or the contact_styled.php unaltered directly to my site everything works fine, the thankyou page follows and I receive the follow-up email. But when I try to apply either contactus.php or the contact_styled.php to my dreamweaver template I get the following window:

The template that you're trying to apply does not allow changes outside the <html> tag. This document contains code outside the <html> tag, which will be lost by applying the template. Proceed? OK or CANCEL

I choose OK and get the following window:

Editable regions
Document body <not resolved>
Document head <not resolved>
Choices to fix not resolved are: nowhere, content, doctitle, head, menu_ie

Why is NOT RESOLVED showing up?

I tried head for document head and content for document body - does not work
content for document head and content for document body - does not work
nowhere for document head and content for document body - does not work

After I upload all my files I get this error on the contact page of my site:

The YOUR NAME field is the only field that appears with the following PHP Error Message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validatedfield() in /home/a1894898/public_html/ContactForm_GMC/contactus.php

on line 101

I did upload all of my files. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Gene

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like the files did not attach to your post, please post back with a copy of the template file and the page that you are trying to apply the template to.

It sounds like there are some parts of the template and contact page that are not matching up. You say that you tried sever different combinations of associations for the different regions and that it did not work, please describe what you experienced when it did not work.

One way that you might be able to get around this is to create a new blank page from the template then copy over the code from the contact page and save it with the same name as the contact page.

dtp_guy257655

More of Fatal Error

Hi Eric,

I have the CONTACTUS.PHP file open. I right click and apply to the template file: SITEASSISTPRO_TEMPLATE.DWT.PHP and then the window opens with this warning:

The template that you're trying to apply does not allow changes outside the <html> tag. This document contains code outside the <html> tag, which will be lost by applying the template. Proceed? OK or CANCEL

I choose OK and get the following window:

Editable regions
Choices to fix not resolved are: nowhere, content, doctitle, head, menu_ie

I don't know what to choose here. Whatever choice I've made, the page is filled with all the necessary fields and a submit button. I upload the entire ContactForm_GMC folder and the contactus.php page always displays the PHP error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validatedfield() in /home/a1894898/public_html/ContactForm_GMC/contactus.php on line 101

Thanks again for you help,

Gene

Attached Files
form.zip

Eric Mittman

When you are applying your own template you will need to match up the editable regions of your template with the regions of the page. You mentioned:

I tried head for document head and content for document body - does not work  

When you say that it did now work what is the result that you got? This is the correct way to apply the editable regions of the template so it you should get a good result. The error are you getting about the function being undefined is probably because the code that includes the file this function is defined in is not present. The includes should all be at the top of the page above any of the html. When I view the contact page you posted there is no line 101, it only goes to line 93.

You could manually create a new page from the template then cut and past the individual sections of the page into your new page.

dtp_guy257655

More Fatal Error

Eric,

When I apply the document head and body the contactus.php page is filled with all the required fields. I upload everything and then get the PHP error code when I open the contactus.php page on my site.

The reason you don't see line 101 is because I tried a few more times to apply the contactus.php to my template and I keep getting the warning window:

And then:
Editable regions

Why aren't the editable regions automatically filled in? I really need to get this form working. I've spent four days on this. It should be a simple copy and paste.

I tried to copy and paste the code into an open page but most of the code is locked. The area that I can paste the code shows the actual code on the web page in design view.

Is there an easy, straightforward solution for this?

Thanks,

Gene

dtp_guy257655

More Fatal Error

I did a search on this forum and found this: showthread.php?t=3054&highlight=template+you%27re+apply+%26lt%3Bhtml%26gt%3B+tag

Apparently, applying the contactus.php to a template may not work. The cut and paste method makes more sense, but some of the instructions on the above page are difficult to understand, maybe because the provided solution wasn't proofed before being uploaded.

Can someone create some formal instructions as to exactly how to edit the code to properly insert this contact form into an existing template?

Also, why isn't this cut and paste method made into an automatic solution? Unfortunately, you have to know some coding to properly make the contact form work within a template.

I tried calling tech support and customer service for help, calls were not returned. I believe this product may need to be updated to work easier.

Please help?

Gene

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so we can look into the problem further. To update the ticket login and visit your support history, with the requested info we should be able to help you get past this quickly.

Eric Mittman

We were able to resolve the issue by adding the DOCTYPE and html tags to the beginning of the template file. With this update the template then was able to be correctly applied to the unstyled contactus.php page without issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...