close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't insert record on ecart checkout.php page

Thread began 8/03/2010 5:23 pm by melanie-p | Last modified 8/05/2010 11:05 am by Eric Mittman | 2070 views | 5 replies |

melanie-p

Can't insert record on ecart checkout.php page

I'm trying to insert a record on the ecart checkout page, and I can't seem to get it to work. I'm trying to save some of the form data entered on the checkout.php page (name, email, etc) to a pre-order table. Sort of a backup in case something goes wrong when they try to submit payment via Pay Now on the confirm.php page.

I've tried using DataAssist Insert Record, as well as Dreamweaver's plain Insert Record but I can't get either to work.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Are you seeing any error messages ?

If not put this code at the very top of your page

<?php
#enable error reporting
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');
?>

and this will display useful messages that will enable debugging

melanie-p

This time I tried using eCart -> Database Manipulation -> Store Cart Summary in Database with the trigger Button: Checkout pressed, and I enabled error reporting. The only thing reported was Notice Undefined Index in a few of the text fields (the ones without validation applied to them), and nothing is getting stored in the database.

Eric Mittman

Can you post back with a copy of the page minus and of the sensitive details in a zip archive. If you are not getting anything stored in the db then it indicates that the server behavior is not being triggered.

melanie-p

Attached is the code. Note that I added server validation as recommended in the following thread: https://www.webassist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5375&highlight=server+validation

Attached Files
checkout-ERROR.zip

Eric Mittman

The store order summary server behavior on this page is triggered on the posted Checkout element. Are you posting to this page from a different checkout page first? If not this will not work because the Checkout element is the submit button on this page and the form's action is set to the confirm page. You should have this store order summary server behavior on the confirm page that this page posts to.

If you want to make it so the store order summary only occurs after the transaction you should use the same trigger as the local checkout server behavior like this:

php:
if (($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST))  {

If your checkout server behavior is being triggered then this should be as well after making this update.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...