close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to Update Image with 3 resizes?

Thread began 8/02/2010 7:08 am by anonymous | Last modified 8/05/2010 7:41 am by anonymous | 1088 views | 6 replies |

anonymous

How to Update Image with 3 resizes?

Hi,

I've used the FileUpload SB in my insert form to upload and resize an image. There are 3 files generated (the image itself, initial size and name....a smaller image renamed with _main....and a thumbnail image renamed with _thumb). Each of these is being re sized properly and is inserted into their respective field in the database.

So far so good. Now I need to update all three images in the database and on the server and am having trouble.

I followed the instructions for adding a single image update in an update form using the hidden field, but how do I update the _main and _thumb images as well in same update? Do I need to have 3 separate file upload controls or can the SB handle updating all three just like on insert?

I need to be able to delete the original files also, once the 3 files are updates and uploaded.

Thanks for the great support and I'm sure it's something simple that I haven't figured out yet.

Tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You could set it up just like the insert and have all three images created with the single upload server behavior. You are not actually updating the uploaded files, you are just uploading more files. You can add in the delete file server behaviors after the update is successful based on the upload being successful, for the trigger just choose all file uploads successful.

anonymous

Thanks

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response. I think I get it now. This also means that I would need to have 3 hidden fields, one for each existing file names, correct? Then I could use the delete SB to delete the existing files based on the value in the hidden fields.

OK, that was easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks again,

Tony

anonymous

Error in upload SB

Hi Eric,

Sorry, but I still can't get this to work and I get the same error I've always gotten whenever working with the Upload File SB. This is really causing me major problems and I'm about ready to give up on this SB and find another extension for uploading files. It has never worked and does not work well with other WA behaviors, especially DA Updates and Ecart.

I've added the upload SB as per this thread response and the instructions. The files are uploaded and deleted OK. But every time I try to change the value in the update SB using the dynamic selector this error comes up and the values in the database for the 3 columns do not get updated. I need to be able to update the file name values in the database or this is a useless extension. This has happened on every form I've tried to use the new version (4) with and it's really unacceptable.

Yes, I've deleted the win_cache file dozens of times and reinstalled the extension several times with the same result every time.

I can't keep wasting hours of my time on getting a behavior to work that should work out of the box! I own all of the WA extensions and solution packs and I'm a library subscriber. So far, this is the only extension that NEVER works.

I need to get this resolved today or I'm going to lose a client. I don't know how to escalate this for immediate help but I really need this worked out today. Please help!

Thanks

Attached Files
nwot_update1.zip

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To update the ticket or check it's status login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

anonymous

Thanks

Thanks Eric,

Please let me know if you need anything else from me to speed things along.

Tony

anonymous

Shout out for WA Support

Just posting here to thank Ray, Eric and the rest of the WA support staff for truly exceptional support. No other extension provider even comes close to the level of professionalism, timely execution and ability to actually fix problems not only with their extensions, but your code!

WA support is the reason I've purchased every extension WA offers and use them regularly. I wish Adobe would offer this level of support for DW (yep, dreaming here...)!

Thanks again for your excellent work and patience.

Tony

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...