close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Content Wrapper Problem

Thread began 7/28/2010 6:14 pm by elevy388997 | Last modified 7/30/2010 10:05 am by Eric Mittman | 1135 views | 3 replies |

elevy388997Beta Tester

Content Wrapper Problem

Hello,

I have had this problem before and read through the older solutions and still can't get it to work.

I have a CSS sculptor page that I am using with site sculptor and CMS. I need the content area to expand and look seamless but when I try and mess with the contentwrapper I either get a large gap of black, or a gap then the contentwrapper image I uploaded.

I have a 20px tall by 1200px wide jpg of my content area with no text or anything in it. I go into the design tab and put it in for the content wrapper with repeat of y. When it previews it or when I publish it...can't get it to work.

contentwrapper.html

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like the repeat for the content area was set to x instead of y when I was checking it. When I changed this to y and got rid of the height it seemed to look better.

screen.css (line 108)

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper {
background-image:url("../Levy4U_MainPage2_images/contentWrapper.jpg");
background-repeat:repeat-y;
/* height:20px; */
width:1200px;

elevy388997Beta Tester

Changed it but still have the problem.

contentwrapper.html

Edit: I remembered that before, to get it to work, I had to manually change the height of my css content area and it added the contentwrapper correctly....but I am trying to use this for a site sculptor page with CMS so I need it to add the lines when I add multiple lines of text from the admin area.

Hopefully I am doing everything right:

I open the "new css sculptor page" and chose a type that was close to what I wanted (one column fixed, centered, header and footer). Then I went into the customize CSS and changed the width to 1200, made sure the equal column lengths is turned off, clicked to add a top navigation area, then went into the Box tab and added a "topContent" area above the content wrapper. This area is going to be only on my homepage and have a banner image, so there still is a content area with the wrapper. I changed all the heights to match my sliced images then went into the design tab and added the correct images to the correct level. I took off the background color where it was to be transparent and turned off all borders. Things work fine for me until I try and add more content with the contentwrapper enabled. I can not seem to get it to work smoothly.

I have a bunch of "try's" which is why I have 5 or 6 different "Levy4U_MainPage2_images" and "Levy4U_MainPage2_css" folders. If you need any other documents or code, let me know as I need the background to continue down as I add text.

If we can't seem to get it to work correctly, I can always make my content area slice a bit longer and use the overflow code to make it a scrolling area...

Thanks

Eric Mittman

When I check this out I can get the background to cover all of the content by setting the background to repeat on y and remove the height specified like this:

screen.css (line 114)
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
background-image:url("../Levy4U_MainPage2_images/content.jpg");
background-repeat:repeat-y;
color:#999999;
font-family:Tahoma,Geneva,sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
margin:0;
padding:10px 135px 10px 125px;
}

This made it so the content was all within the area of the image and not going past it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...