close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Errors Configuring EmailPW

Thread began 7/08/2010 6:01 pm by htp372188 | Last modified 7/16/2010 2:11 pm by Eric Mittman | 2706 views | 10 replies |

htp372188

Errors Configuring EmailPW

I've been walking through the Security Assist tutorials for configuring the individual pages and have run upon a snag whilst trying to update the send password page.

I am in the portion where I am in Server Behaviors -> WA Cookies Toolkit -> Set Session Value -> Select the Value Source. I have followed all of the instructions but when I have selected the options for Random Password and am ready to click "OK" and close the "Select the Value Source" dialogue box, I get the following error: Please select a dynamic data item. (See attached image) You will notice that the Code: field is empty in the dialogue box.

Any ideas as to what I might have done wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The set session value server behavior can be installed from the Cookies Toolkit or eCart. If you have a newer version of eCart you should try installing it to see if that clears up the issue. If you do not have this or the issue persists you may need to try the following.

Delete the cache file
common_installation_issues.pdf

If this does not work then there might be a corruption of your configuration folder, if this is the case you will need to follow the steps here to undo this:

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

If the issue persists after trying these things please let us know.

swolock397582

Same problem

I'm having the exact same problem. Do I really need to create a new Dreamweaver config file and reinstall all of my extensions? I'm using DW CS4 and the latest Security Assist, Cookies Toolkit 3 and DataAssist 2 as of today, 7/9/10. I've deleted MacFileCache.dat and no luck.

Eric Mittman

If clearing out the cache file did not resolve the issue then renaming the configuration folder to have DW recreate it is the next step to take. If you continue to experience this issue please let us know so that we can look into it further with you.

swolock397582

Still happening

Hi

So I clear the cache, removed the config folder, DW created a new one, reinstalled DataAssist, Security Assist and Cookies Toolkit and still having the same problem "Please select a dynamic data item."

htp372188

My problem sorted

I installed e-cart & everything worked OK.

Eric Mittman

Thank you for confirming this, swolock397582 do you have eCart that you can install? If so please give it a try after installing eCart and if you still have this problem or if you do not have eCart please let us know.

swolock397582

So just install eCart?

So you are both saying all I have to do is install eCart? Is eCart 5 the one I should try?

Eric Mittman

Yes, the most current release of version 5 should be installed if you have it available.

swolock397582

eCart Installed

So I install eCart and did not get the error. BUT the email that's sent has the encrypted version of the PW not the unencrypted one. I don't think I'm missing any steps.

Although I've run through this a few times could it be that something is stored in a cache somewhere? The variable names, newPW or newPassWord, keep appearing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...