close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can I insert a menu that is in one template of site to another template of same site?

Thread began 6/26/2010 8:15 pm by cldsk369146 | Last modified 6/27/2010 7:52 pm by neilo | 1560 views | 3 replies |

cldsk369146

Can I insert a menu that is in one template of site to another template of same site?

Thought I was done, but ran into one more problem.

I successfully (with help of forums) got my menu exactly how I wanted it saved to a dreamweaver template and successfully created all the pages of the site.

For the home page, though (index.php), I created a new template and my hope is to insert the same menu into it, without going through the normal Menu Writer Wizard. that way, when I edit the menu through the wizard of the main template, it will automatically update this menu as well. I tried just copying the code into the template which just gave me a text menu and screwed up my design (created the page: olg-home.php).

Is this at all possible? does this make sense?

An example of a page from the site with the successful menu:
contact.php

I am uploading my Menu Writer files, and copies of both templates (The olg-home is the template I am trying to add the menu in). Thank you so much for all your help, you guys are great!

Attached Files
CSSMenuWriter.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hiya cldsk,

Could you possibly zip your pages (not the templates) and upload the zip? (There are, I think about 25 pages, from 'about.php' to 'specialeventsforms.php').

I can then check that these will update correctly with revised templates.

[It seems that the locked templated pages forced the menu css & js includes above the DOCTYPE line. This is easily fixable, but wouldn't want to 'break' something else in the process].

cldsk369146

sure here u go!

right now all of them update except the index (home page) because I am using a different template. My hope is that the same code can be put in that page/template that will allow the same menu so it will automatically update with the rest. Thanks so much for your help!

Attached Files
pages.zip

neilo

Hiya cldsk,

I have made revisions that should meet your needs, - use all, some or none of them as you see fit!

Zip too big for upload here, but you can download if here

I have enclosed a README text file which goes into things a bit.

Hope all goes well, - get in touch if you have problems!

Best,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...