close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

can't access "DataAssist Repeating Table" function

Thread began 6/25/2010 4:58 pm by skyll237680 | Last modified 6/29/2010 11:44 am by skyll237680 | 1417 views | 3 replies |

skyll237680

can't access "DataAssist Repeating Table" function

Using Dreamweaver CS3 on Mac OS 10.5.8, I have created a master page with a repeating table to display an image gallery dynamically on a page. I want 6 images/details to a page, but Dreamweaver only displays them all vertically or horizontally. I want them to be displayed in 2 rows of 3. I understand that DataAssist will do this. I have DataAssist 1 version 1.3.1

I am following your instructions at da_ft_09.htm

I've selected my repeating table and the instructions then say to go to:
Insert > WebAssist > DataAssist > Repeating Table

For some reason there is no such item in my dropdown navigation. Instead mine says: Insert > WebAssist > DataAssist Wizard (but there is no "Repeating Table" option listed anywhere) I also searched for it in my WebAssist toolbar, but it isn't there either.

Could someone please help me figure out where it is?

thanks so much!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

DataAssist version 1 does not include the Repeating table functionality.

The repeating Table Function was a new feature added to DataAssist version 2.

You will need to upgrade to version 2 to be able to use the repeating table feature.

skyll237680

I want it to make 2 rows of 3

ok, thank you. I went ahead and purchased and installed the upgraded DataAssist 2 version.

The new DataAssist Repeat Selection server behaviors appear now, but I still can't get the table to repeat in 2 rows of 3.

Here's what I did:
I created my dynamic gallery "main" page and dynamic "detail" page by using the Insert>Data Objects>Master Detail Page Set in DWCS3 --and all works well with the PHP code DW generated to dynamically display the images/details in a small table, and I want this table to repeat as long as it finds records in the database, which it does do, but it displays 6 tables to a page vertically, which is not what I want, of course, and why I purchased DataAssist 2 so I can make it display this in 2 rows of 3.

So after purchasing and installing the DataAssist 2 upgrade extension, I then selected the table and applied the DataAssist Repeat Selection server behavior and the dialog box opens, and it has a place to enter the desired number of repetitions, but not how many rows you want.

QUESTION: Where do I tell it I want 2 rows of 3?

QUESTION: Also it asks to define the Recordset, but that was already done by DW when I applied the Data Objects to first create the Master Detail Page Set, so do I set it to none?

Here's a link to the main gallery page that dynamically generates 6 to a page, but not in 2 rows gallery_main.php?pageNum_rsgallery=0&totalRows_rsgallery=8 (note: when you click on an image it takes you to the detail page, but I haven't fixed that part yet, but that's not a problem, I fix that later... right now I just want to deal with my main gallery page and get DataAssist to display my image/details tables in 2 rows of 3 images)

Thank you for helping me!

skyll237680

could anyone help me please? I just need to know how to use the DataAssist 2 upgrade that I purchased to make my dynamic image gallery page have the images in 2 rows of 3

I sure hope DataAssist can fix my image gallery in rows since I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise. Hope someone can help me with this soon!

thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...