close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal not showing the details

Thread began 6/18/2010 1:17 am by chriscaldwell11357847 | Last modified 7/01/2010 3:37 pm by Eric Mittman | 2411 views | 9 replies |

chriscaldwell11357847

Paypal not showing the details

The first two shirts on this page: tshirts.php

enable a customer to choose the city or country or state that they want printed on their shirt. While the php code functions in that you can clearly see the location they've chosen on the cart.php page , when you get to the paypal page where they pay, the location is not listed in the details part of the paypal page near the top. How do i fix this so that we know to send the proper item?

Thank you,
Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like you are working with Payments Standard. I was able to get to the PayPal site and see the contents of the cart minus the two options.

In order to get the options listed you will need to add them to the options fields that are in the form on the confirm page. In here look for the lines of code that look like this in the form:

php:
<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="on0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="os0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="on1_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="on1_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="os1_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="" />

Yours may be named differently if you have named your cart differently. These are the option name and value fields. For the on0 field you should set the value to 'size', then for the corresponding value of the option in os0 you should set the value to the size binding from your cart.

For on1 set the value to 'location', then for the value in os1 set it to the location column from the cart. If you have any trouble with this post back with a copy of your confirm page.

chriscaldwell11357847

Hi Eric,
Do you mean do this:

<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" id="on0_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" value="size" />
<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" id="os0_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" value="size" />
<input type="hidden" name="on1_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" id="on1_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" value="location" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" id="os1_<?php echo $sushicart_Index+1; ?>" value="location" />

I understand to put the word size in for the on0 value and location for the on1 value, but not sure what you mean by putting the value from the binding from the cart page. Can you please clarify exactly what goes in os0 and os1?

Thanks,
Chris

Eric Mittman

If you select the os0 and os1 fields you can see the values for them in the property inspector. If you use the lightning bolt icon here you can set the value to any of your bindings. You should expand the eCart bindings and choose the corresponding columns. Here is an example of what the size would look like:

php:
<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="on0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="size" />

<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" id="os0_<?php echo $eCart1_Index+1?>" value="<?php echo $eCart1->DisplayInfo("size"); ?>" />

chriscaldwell11357847

Great. Thanks for making it clear Eric!

Can you please help me to understand why the shipping is not calculating for multiple items? I have tried to get help, but no response all day on this. Thank you,
Chris

Eric Mittman

Are you passing the shipping values in with the cart or are you calculating the shipping based on your PayPal settings? The PayPal options to configure the shipping costs are very convenient and easy to use. Let me know what you are experiencing and how you have it setup, if you are working on this issue with someone else and have made any progress please let me know the details so that we are not duplicating efforts.

chriscaldwell11357847

Eric,
Thanks so much for getting back. Okay, here's what I did, I set up the code for shipping as in the pic attached and confirm.php code attached.

I didn't set up paypal to do this. but if you can tell me how to, that would be great.

we wanted so much add a fedex option for customers, but i don't know what the Meter number is that is asked for when i go through the ecart panel to add Fedex.

Hey, if you will help me get this configured, I will PayPal you a hundred bucks right now. My client is just so frustrated with me. I know it's after hours where you are, but man, if you can help me just configure these last couple of things so i can deliver to the client today, i'll pay you to walk me through it. We just want it to work today.

Attached Files
confirmy.zip

Eric Mittman

I have looked at the code on your page and it looks like it has been configured to work with the weight for each item that you have in the cart. What is the result that you are getting with the multiple items?

If you would like to add in shipping from PayPal you can configure this in your profile. You can set up flat rates or based on a few options. Here is a link to the page with more info:

EasyCalculateShipAndTax-outside

For adding FedEx you just need to obtain an account and meter number, you should be able to get this from the FedEx website. Adding this in after the fact would require you to check on the charge rule to ensure that it is listed and you would also need to update the cart display on your confirm page. If you are going to use FedEx it might be easier to backup what you have now and just run the checkout wizard again.

chriscaldwell11357847

Eric,
Can you please see my post in the "Shipping Not Calculating Properly" thread? I don't want to break the rules and repeat it here...

Can you please tell me how to delete the shipping calculations from ecart? That way I can just configure it from Paypal. I tried entering in the relevant data to paypal, but i think maybe I was supposed to delete the usps shipping from the php code in my site first?

I have found that by putting multiple quantities of the same item in my cart, the shipping as I've set it up now goes haywire and charges hundreds of dollars for shipping 30 of the same shirts within the USA?! If I go an order 1 shirt, then continue shopping, and go add another shirt (same style), the calculations work normal. It's only when I put say, 20 in the quantity field, the it does this overcalculation thing.

Thanks,
Chris

Eric Mittman

I made a response to the other thread, no need to update this one in regards to the other thread, it should come back to me once you respond.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...