close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing product prices

Thread began 6/17/2010 2:38 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 6/24/2010 10:33 am by Jimmy Wu | 2061 views | 7 replies |

mrobben375515

Changing product prices

I'm wondering if I can add some variables for orders. Right now we have a client that sells smoked, fresh and italian sausage. You can buy either 3lbs. or 6lbs. and I set the price to be $22 or $30 for each product. They want to make it where you buy 6 lbs of one kind or 3lbs of 2 kinds for $30 and then every package after that is $15 extra. It would have to be some kind of variable that checks what's in the cart and changes the pricing... Is that possible?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

To accomplish the first part of charging $30 for 6lbs of one and 3lbs of another, you could add a product that costs $30 and then have 2 simple options to get the 6lb choice and the 3lb choice.

If you have eCart, you can edit the eCart object to add a discount to it. You would want to make it based on the Number of items with a specific column value and then check the ID for the ID that the product you added is and then set up the discount there.

mrobben375515

Ok, so the three different types of sausage have ID's of 6,7, and 8. in the condition line "If the total number of items where id has a value of [the number goes here]" can I put 6-8 there or something that includes those three numbers?

Jimmy Wu

I would recommend adding one discount for each of the products, so they work independently from each other and don't affect the discounts on the other products.

mrobben375515

Maybe I'm confused or not communicating what I need. How do I apply a discount for each one when they're dependent on each other. If someone orders two of product with id "6" I need it to be the same as if they buy one of "6" and one of "7", or "7 & 8", or "6 & 8". So basically if they buy two or more of any of the products "6,7,8" I would like it to be $15 a piece... I need to have the cart recognize not their product ID but their group.

Jimmy Wu

That makes things more clear. If you want to add a discount like this, you would add multiple triggers to the discount. You would have one trigger for total number of unique items in the cart is > 1, and then 3 more triggers for each of the products, and then change the separator to OR instead of AND, this will have the affect of applying the discount whenever there is at least 2 of the items added.

mrobben375515

What is the calculation? The only one that I can see working is the "Based on the Quantity of an Item" but that would only discount one of the products...

Jimmy Wu

Yes, you're right, the calculations would have to be set up for each product. You would have to set up a new discount for each of the products you want this discount added to.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...