close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

For Power Store 4

Thread began 6/16/2010 10:15 am by robert222776 | Last modified 6/16/2010 4:11 pm by robert222776 | 720 views | 2 replies |

robert222776

For Power Store 4

This comes from a thread I started within Power Store. One of the questions I asked was whether customer registration was required prior to any purchase. I was told that registration was a requirement. This was my response.

Regarding the registration requirement prior to purchase, see this link about a study done on this subject back in 2007.

03...must-i-choose/

They say, "One of the most interesting facts is that nearly half of the top online retailers still require people to register before they checkout." which puts PS3 slightly in the minority if this were 2007. I do not know what the stats are today, but I am surprised, based on my own experience, that it was/is close to 50%.

They go on to say, ".....I understand how valuable executives think it is to have these customer accounts, but — of the hundreds we’ve analyzed — how many retailers do you think actually tested whether requiring people to register pre-checkout is costing them conversions (read: sales)?"

"Retailers spend so much money driving new traffic to the site, only to force visitors away by asking them to register up-front. Most of the information you need to create an account will be asked in the checkout process, anyway. Get the cash (GTC) first, then do like TravelSmith does and offer the option to create an account after the order is complete."

One of the blog comments said, "often times businesses will hire web developers who are not schooled in ecommerce usability."

I would be interested in knowing how WA or other PS3 users feel about this registration requirement, and the opinions expressed above.

I assume that it would be possible, as the blog suggested, to take the registration information via the checkout process after the buyer has decided to purchase?

It would be great if WA created a "how-to" to make this conversion. Any thoughts on that WA?

Or, in PS4, provide the option to register as part of the checkout process.

Thanks,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

PS3 automatically registers you as part of the checkout process.

Powerstore never required separate registration. The link to the article you included doesn't work, but I bet they are referring to using a separate registration process not simply asking for a password.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

robert222776

Thanks Ray.

FYI, here is the link:
yes-or-no-why-must-i-choose/

I'm glad to hear that PS3 customer registration works the way you describe.

Thanks,
Robert

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...