close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

FAILURE to help leads to lost client

Thread began 6/15/2010 12:49 pm by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | Last modified 6/17/2010 3:22 pm by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | 2303 views | 9 replies |

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

FAILURE to help leads to lost client

Okay, I've been a customer for a long time and recently joined the annual membership, but I must say, I'm reaching my limit of patience and probably cannot recommend WA to new people. Why? The tech support is TOO SLOW and TOO INTERMITTENT. I am trying to connect an eCart to a FirstData processor and am now going on 4 weeks of trying to get it to work.

Even with a support case, I ask 1 question and it may not get help or answered for 3 or 4 days. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I realize you don't work on weekends. Fine, but I ask a question Friday and it is Tues afternoon and I still don't have followup. The client is losing patience and I may lose a client after all this work. Part of the problem may be west coast east coast, but still, getting one partial or one step answer per day is making this thing drag on way too long. I discovered a path error myself created by eCart that led to a partial fix, but I'm still not there yet.

So, you don't have tutorials for connecting to First Data, and at this point I'm wondering if you have ever been able to make a connection. At this point if I had known how much trouble it would be, I would have either not accepted the client or purchased another shopping cart instead of joining the annual membership.

I AM NOT HAPPY with this current decline in the level of support. HIRE more people or do something.
Jeff

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

apologies for the delay in answering your thread.

I just took a look and saw that the cause of the currant transaction failure was the date format being used when entering the credit card expiration date.

First data expects the expiration year in 2 digit form. to enter the expiration year 2012, you should enter it as 12.

Helpful but more errors:

SESSION RESPONSE: Tue Jun 15 16:18:28 2010SGS-005003: The order already exists in the database.e876ebef87a6b0c96d0d13f8d31d62e2DUPLICATE

ERROR: SGS-005003: The order already exists in the database.

FULL REQUEST: 1909762268/usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/1909762268.pemstaging.linkpt.net1129SALELIVE0.0200.330.35jefferis peterson111 S Magnolia Dr.SelmaAL36701US724-482-2015724-482-2015jefferis@petersonsales.net411111111111111106121234jefferis peterson111 S Magnolia Dr.SelmaAL36701US100.33NUNSPECIFIEDe876ebef87a6b0c96d0d13f8d31d62e262atest0.331

FULL RESPONSE: Tue Jun 15 16:18:28 2010SGS-005003: The order already exists in the database.e876ebef87a6b0c96d0d13f8d31d62e2DUPLICATE

CODE:

APPROVED:DUPLICATE

confirm page now throwing errors in FF

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 376

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 377

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 396

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 397

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php:376) in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 406

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php:376) in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/confirm.php on line 406

Warning: sleep() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /usr/www/users/delvalle/ftclr/webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php on line 348

In firefox the confirm page tried to go to the success page I think and then kicked the division errors in php. After that when I tried again it denied it for a duplicate transaction error, assuming it is already in the database...

Originally Said By: jefferis
  In firefox the confirm page tried to go to the success page I think and then kicked the division errors in php. After that when I tried again it denied it for a duplicate transaction error, assuming it is already in the database...  

If I could get a phone support/screen watching help either today or tomorrow after 2pm Eastern, I'd greatly appreciate wrapping up this website.
Jeff

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please update your back end ticket and send a copy of the confirm page so I can see the code causing the issue.

The page that kicked the division error resulted in an order and email that came through. But it didn't go to the success page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

right, the error will prevent the header function from directing the success page. Please update the backend ticket and send a copy of the confirm page so I can examine the code generating the error.

Last questions

Jason, I posted 3 questions in the support ticket. I am trying to get the client live tomorrow afternoon with his own account. Please answer those questions if you can. If there is no answer by tomorrow, I know i won't hear back till next week!
Thanks
Jeff

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...