close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping Quote Failed

Thread began 6/15/2010 9:10 am by mora398588 | Last modified 7/02/2010 4:18 pm by Eric Mittman | 3777 views | 20 replies |

mora398588

Shipping Quote Failed

When testing the checkout page and the billing and shipping information has been entered and the checkout button is pressed, I get this message:

Shipping Quote Failed
We're sorry

UspsCom:: DoAuth

What is this error code saying?

All information entered during the checkout wizard was correct. *** Also, will I run into a shipping error every single time, even if the item being purchased does not entail shipping. For example, a workshop enrollment fee.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you have enabled shipping it should be based on the weight in the cart, if not all of your items will have shipping then the server behavior for this might need to have the trigger modified to check for the weight of the cart.

On the failure page that you are getting to you should add in the USPS full request and full response bindings to the page. Here is the code that you can add to the page:

php:
<?php

//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/WA_Cart_Coupons_PHP.php");
?>
The full USPS request is: <br/><?php echo $_SESSION["WA_Cart_Coupons_USPS_FullRequest"]; ?><br/><br/>
The full USPS response is:<br/>
<?php echo $_SESSION["WA_Cart_Coupons_USPS_FullResponse"]; ?>

Run a test after adding this code to see what the error is, if you have any trouble with it post back with what you get minus any of the sensitive details.

mora398588

Code did not work...

Eric, I appreciate your assistance. The code you provided did not work. By the way, it created an error code. I was unable to move forward.

Eric Mittman

This is the error reporting code for USPS for a php site with the checkout generated by eCart 4 or 5. Is this your setup? What is the error that you get when you view this page with the code on it?

mora398588

Best Explanation

I am unable to send you an image or sample of the actual error, but here is my best explanation of what I experienced...

I copy and pasted the code you sent next to the other server behaviors at the top of my php page. I saved the file and uploaded the file to my hosting server. Since I received the code from you directly, I did not upload any other files from the eCart subdirectory.

I ran the checkout process agains and I was directed to a blank screen, as if the page was unable to connect to a database or the server behaviors were all out of wack. I proceeded back to DW and noticed that the shipping_failure page was not reading the code correctly. It had an error pertaining to the A_Cart_Coupons_PHP.php file...it could not find it. Also, there was an error for the WA_Cart_Coupons_USPS_FullResponse file...it could not find this file either.

I had used your online solution providing assistance in creating the server bindings to allow the page to spit back the error issues before. This process created a file in my eCart subdirectory which I had to upload. With the code you provided, there appeared to be no other file to upload.

Did I miss something?

Eric Mittman

You mentioned that when you test the site out you get the error. This error should be coming from your failure page. On this page you need to add in the code I provided on the page where you would like to see the information, it must be added into the code though, not design view.

You should then upload this file and any other files that you need to test the process out again. The USPS file that is included in the code should be in your WA_eCart directory already if you have the USPS shipping server behavior applied to your site. This same include should be present on your confirm page.

When you get to the failure page it should contain the full request and full response from USPS. If you can't see the message on this page you should view the source code to see if there is some xml there that you can post back. We will need to know what this information is to determine what the problem might be.

mora398588

Still not working

Eric, thank you for your reply.

I am still unable to get the code to work with my shipping failure page. The file "WA_eCart/WA_Cart_Coupons_PHP.php" cannot be located in my WA_eCart subdirectory. Based on your previous thread, you stated that this file would have been created at the time I setup my checkout pages. This never happened.

However, there is a particular error code that is coming up, "UspsCom:: DoAuth" Upon researching the net for this error, I learned from another blog site that this error means I did not enter a correct username. This led to me think if the username I have with the USPS was truly correct. I searched USPS's site for web shipping tools and came up with this URL [welcome.htm]. Based on your experience, is this the correct site in which to optain the correct username?

If I need to update my USPS username, where in eCart can I update this information?

Eric Mittman

If the problem is the username that you have then you will need to contact USPS to get the correct value. The link that you provided looks ok to me.

The USPS file should be present in the WA eCart folder, I"m including a copy of it for you attached to this post. If you have a copy of this file anywhere in your site you should make sure to back it up before you add this file into the WA_eCart folder.

You can update the server behavior on the confirm page, in the server behaviors look for the shipping quotes (USPS) server behavior. When you edit it you should be able to adjust the username and other values that are used in it.

Attached Files
WA_eCart_UPS_PHP.php.zip

mora398588

Update...

I updated my USPS username as you directed. How I can getting an error code saying the it cannot connect to USPS.

I used two types of testing server addresses that USPS provided me:

1. ShippingAPITest.dll
2. ShippingAPITest.dll

The first testing server address produced an error that stated my username was incorrect. The second produced an error that stated that it could not connect to USPS.

Any thoughts?

Eric Mittman

The rate lookup API version that is used in eCart is v3. As far as I know there is no testing server option for this version of the API. In order to interact with the API you will need the production URL and you will need to have this option enabled for you by USPS. To do this you will need to contact USPS and let them know that you are working with the v3 API and need the production server URL for this as well as access to the server.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...