close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with UE4 - email recieved with 0 as body

Thread began 6/15/2010 12:00 am by Daryl | Last modified 7/27/2011 8:17 am by Daryl | 3235 views | 17 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Problems with UE4 - email recieved with 0 as body

I have tried sending an email using UE4

The email was sent successfully, however the body was not populated with any of the expected content, only the number 0.

Can you help?

I have attached two zip files to help.

Attached Files
SD_Referal_WAUE_HTML_WA_Universal_Email_1.zip
waue_SD_Referal_1.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I think this has something to do with the fact that I need to filter the record set used in the email.

On my other pages I have filtered using a URL Variable.

Is it possible to do this with UE4?

If so, how would I make a button send the variable?

DarylBeta Tester

Forget everything I said!!

It appears that every time you enter into the wizzard to edit the email body, UE adds the light grey code around the head and body tags of the email. This soon mounts up and breaks the code in the page meaning that I only get the number 0 appearing in the email body.

Jimmy Wu

Which code are you referring to that is being added? What steps did you take to reproduce this? If its a bug in the product, I'd like to log it and get it fixed for a future release.

DarylBeta Tester

The code that I am referring too is the template code that is marked up in light grey font that is just after the Doctype and also near the close body tag and also right at the end of the document.

This code seems to be added everytime you enter into the UE4 wizzard and click to edit the email using Dreamweaver then save it. So if you edit it three times, three lots of template code is added.

I have seen another mention of this happening in this forum.

Hope it helps

Jimmy Wu

Thanks, I'll look into this and if I can reproduce it I'll log it as a bug.

DarylBeta Tester

Jimmy

The code that I mean is the following....

At the Top of the template;
Should be

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head><!-- In"+"stanceBegin template="/Templates/waue html body" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" --><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailhead" --><!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable -->
</head><body><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailbody" --><!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable -->

But after editing, becomes

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head><!-- In"+"stanceBegin template="/Templates/waue html body" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" --><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailhead" --><!-- In"+"stanceBegin template="/Templates/waue html body" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" --><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailhead" --><!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable -->
<!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable --></head><body><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailbody" --><!-- In"+"stanceBeginEditable name="emailbody" --><!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable -->

At the bottom of the template
Should be

</body>
<!-- In"+"stanceEnd -->

But after editing, becomes

<!-- In"+"stanceEndEditable --></body>
<!-- In\"+\"stanceEnd --><!-- In"+"stanceEnd -->

Hope it helps to fix the bug

DarylBeta Tester

Im still having this problem with one particular site, every time I update an email in UE through the Wizard, the email only populates with the number 0

As explained the only thing that I think is doing this is the additional template comments before and after the email body.

The email is fine when created for the first time...

Any ideas...?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Do you have Universal Email 4.0.1 installed? I believe this was fixed in the release of 4.0.1.

DarylBeta Tester

I am using the latest edition that is built into CSS Form Builder

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...